Fuhgitaboudit Spaghetti Sauce.
You can cook Fuhgitaboudit Spaghetti Sauce using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fuhgitaboudit Spaghetti Sauce
- It's 2 (28 oz) of cans crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- You need 1 (6 oz) of can tomato paste.
- You need 4 cloves of (large) fresh garlic - crushed.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion - diced.
- You need 1 of medium bell pepper (color of your choosing) - diced.
- Prepare 8 oz of fresh mushrooms - sliced (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbs of granulated white sugar.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried parsley.
- You need 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- It's 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need of Optional Meats.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef - raw, pinched into several small pieces.
- You need 5 of Italian sausages (mild or hot) - raw.
Fuhgitaboudit Spaghetti Sauce step by step
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, onion, and bell pepper (and mushrooms if desired). Cook about 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add crushed garlic and tomato paste stir to coat everything with tomato paste. Cook 5 minutes more stirring constantly..
- Dump both cans of tomatoes and tomato sauce into a 5 quart crock pot. Add cooked veggie mixture and all remaining ingredients except meats. Stir to thoroughly combine..
- Add ground beef, stir gently to combine. Nestle whole sausages down into sauce until covered. Place lid on crock pot. Cook on low for 5 hours..
- At 5 hours, remove sausages, cut to 1/2-1 inch slices. Return to sauce, stir to combine. Turn crock pot up to high, cook with lid offset for 1 additional hour to thicken sauce a little. Serve over pasta of choice (remove bay leaves before serving). Enjoy!.
- Note: This makes enough that I freeze about half for another night!.