You can have Tomato Sauce using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato Sauce
- Prepare 1/2 cup of of olive oil.
- It's 3 clove of of garlic.
- You need 1 large of shallot diced.
- It's 2 of green onion bulbs diced.
- You need 1 cup of of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of of shredded pamesan cheese.
- It's 4 of ripe tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of of garlic powder.
- You need 6 of leaves of fresh Basil julienned.
Tomato Sauce instructions
- wash, score, and boil tomatoes.
- shock tomatoes in ice bath, and peel when cool enough to handle.
- dice tomatoes.
- heat olive oil and sauté all onions/shallots until translucent.
- dice garlic and smear with sea salt to make a paste.
- add to pan and cook on medium heat for 2 -3 minutes.
- add tomatoes, ketchup and red pepper flakes, garlic powder, parmesan cheese and half of Basil.
- cook on low for 30 minutes, add remaining Basil as garnish.