Turkey-Chicken Chili. You might not think of chili as an easy weeknight dish, but this turkey version from Pierre Franey will change your mind. Hearty Chicken and Turkey Chili Recipes. This easy chili can be made on the stove, slow cooker or Instant Pot.
My friend Gina from nursing school, shared this award winning slow cooker chili. Add the turkey, chicken, sausage, or whatever combination you are using, and the salt and black pepper, stirring to coat well with all of the spices. This is a delicious recipe for a classic chili made with turkey and chicken instead of ground beef or pork. You can cook Turkey-Chicken Chili using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkey-Chicken Chili
- It's 1 lb of chicken breast, diced.
- It's 1 lb of ground turkey.
- It's 3 oz of chipotle adobe - blended.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of roasted garlic.
- It's 2 clove of minced fresh garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It's 1 tbsp of chipotle powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- It's 1 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 1 cup of cooked pinto beans.
- It's 1 cup of cooked kidney beans.
- It's 3 cup of canned Italian plum tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of white chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sriracha hot sauce.
- Prepare 1 of ripe avocado.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of low-fat shredded aged cheddar (optional).
- Prepare 1 of Kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 of Pepper.
Combine meat, chiles, onions and soup. Bone and dice chicken and add to sauces, spices, onion and chilies. You can substitute ground turkey or chicken in any chili recipe, but need to increase the spices a little, since they don't have as much flavor as beef. This is a white chili, using leftover cooked turkey or chicken, with a nice spicy kick.
Turkey-Chicken Chili step by step
- Season the chicken breast and ground turkey with kosher salt and pepper..
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over high heat, and then add chicken and turkey..
- Cook for 10 minutes, until brown..
- Drain off the excess oil and add dried seasonings..
- Remove the protein and set aside..
- Cook the onions and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes..
- Add the puréed chipotle adobe and roasted garlic..
- Return the meats to the pot and the remaining ingredients..
- Cook over a slow simmer for 2 hours..
- Taste and add final seasoning of salt and pepper..
- Finish with sliced avocado, non-fat sour cream, sliced scallion, cilantro leaves, and low-fat shredded aged cheddar (optional)..
This is strickly a white chili, no tomatoes, red beans, or chili powder of any kind. Bring chili to a boil and then. Make buffalo chicken chili or healthy turkey chili. Instant Pot Turkey Chili is ultimate fall and winter comfort food. TURKEY CHILI is a lightened up version of traditional chili that you'll feel good about feeding your We often make my white chicken chili, chili mac, or taco chili, but I thought it was time for a.