Brad's schnitzel with red wine and mushroom gravy. Crispy breaded pork cutlets served with rich mushroom gravy - that's Jaegerschnitzel. And it's one of Germany's most popular and delicious foods. For anyone unfamiliar with Schnitzel, they're made by pounding boneless pork chops very thin, breading them in flour, egg and breadcrumbs and frying.
Saute for a few minutes then add the balsamic vinegar and Allow to reduce. Season and serve with pork schnitzels, roasted tomatoes and cauliflower mash. Simple sautéed mushrooms are made sumptuous with the addition of red wine and rich mushroom or beef broth in this easy mushroom sauce recipe. You can cook Brad's schnitzel with red wine and mushroom gravy using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's schnitzel with red wine and mushroom gravy
- Prepare 2 of thin cut pork chops.
- It's 1 cup of flour.
- It's 1 of egg, beaten.
- It's 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- You need 1/4 cup of panko.
- You need of oil for frying.
- You need of for the gravy.
- Prepare 2 of medium sized portabello mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 pkg of brown gravy mix.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red wine, I used a cabernet.
- It's 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of granulated beef bouillon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
Serve with steak or stir in a little sour cream and serve over egg noodles for a meat-free mushroom Stroganoff. Remove from heat; stir in half and half. Schnitzel sauce - my favourite is mushroom gravy. Use the Mushroom Gravy in this recipe.
Brad's schnitzel with red wine and mushroom gravy step by step
- Preheat oil in a large frying pan over medium low heat..
- Beat egg in a bowl. Put flour on a plate. Mix bread crumbs and panko on a separate plate..
- Meanwhile, remove stems from mushrooms. Scrape off the ribs with a spoon. Slice in thin but medium sized pieces..
- Sauté mushrooms in a tbs of butter. Add garlic..
- When done, add water, wine, and gravy pkg. Simmer stirring constantly until thick. Keep warm..
- When oil is ready, Dredge chops in flour, then egg, then crumbs. Make sure they are well coated. Fry until golden brown on both sides..
- Plate schnitzel, top with gravy and serve immediately. Enjoy.
Serve with lemon wedges - I usually serve schnitzel plain like this. Or see note for Mushroom Gravy recipe. Also see note for potato rosti, pictured in post. The red wine mushroom sauce is rich in flavor and compliments the crispy pork. One of my all time favorites is tender Pork Schnitzel with a Red Wine Mushroom Sauce.