Pan Seared Halibut With Clam Chowder Sauce.
You can cook Pan Seared Halibut With Clam Chowder Sauce using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pan Seared Halibut With Clam Chowder Sauce
- It's 1 1/2 lb of skinless haibut fillets or any mild white fish fillets.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour mixed with 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese seasoned with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- It's 24 of fresh littleneck clams.
- You need 1 of 8 ounce jar clam juice.
- Prepare 6 slice of bacon.
- It's 1 small of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of minced garlic cloves.
- It's 1/2 stalk of celery, thin sliced.
- You need 1/2 of sliced carrot thin sliced.
- You need 2 medium of red potatos, peeled and diced.
- It's 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It's 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- It's 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- It's 4 of sliced green onions.
Pan Seared Halibut With Clam Chowder Sauce instructions
- COOK CLAMS.
- Scrub clams to remove any sand. In a large saucepan bring clam juice to a simmer add clams and cook just until they open, about 5 minutes, remove to a plate and cover to keep warm, strain clam cooking liquid amd reserve..
- MAKE SAUCE.
- Cook bacon in saucepan until crisp, remove to paper towels and reserve. Add onion, garlic, celery, carrot and potatos to pot soften a few minutes then add reserved clam juice, cream, lemon juice, pepper, cajun seasoning and hot sauce bring to a boil then lower heat to a simmer and cook until potatos are tender, about 10 minutes. Keep sauce warm..
- COOK FISH.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil and 1tablespoon butter. Brush fish fillets in both sides lightly with mayonnaise, dredge in flour/ parmesan mixture, shake off excess. Place fish in hot skillet do not crowd them and sear both sides turning once until golden and cooked through. The timing depends on the thickness of your fillets..
- TO ASSEMBLE.
- On each plate add some sauce then top with a fish fillet and place clams around fish. Garnish with green onions and reserved bacon, crumbled..