Mexican lasagna. Mexican lasagna makes great leftovers, too! You can even serve it with eggs for breakfast. Mexican Lasagna. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Okay, while the name may not roll off the tongue as easily, this Mexican lasagna recipe made with tortillas, ground beef, enchilada sauce. This Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna is like an Enchilada layered up like lasagna, using tortillas instead of lasagna sheets. Easy Mexican lasagna with delicious layers of crispy tortillas, seasoned hamburger, beans, corn and melted cheese. You can cook Mexican lasagna using 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican lasagna
- It's 1 box of oven ready lasagna noodles.
- You need 16 oz of jar of your favorite salsa. remember things get hotter when you heat them!.
- Prepare 10 oz of can mild green chile enchilada sauce.
- You need 1 lb of ground meat, we use turkry.
- It's 32 oz of container part skim ricotta cheese.
- You need 1 large of egg.
- You need 12 oz of can of refried beans.
- Prepare 12 oz of Mexican crumbling cheese, or queso fresco.
- You need 2 cup of taco blend shredded cheese.
- Prepare 2 envelope of taco seasoning.
The perfect weeknight dinner that's full of flavor! If You're A Fan Of Mexican Food, You'll LOVE This Mexican Lasagna Recipe! Flour Tortillas Layered With Tons Of Cheese, Shredded Chicken, Green Chile Enchilada Sauce, Black Beans, Corn. How to make Mexican lasagna with lasagna noodles?
Mexican lasagna instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a skillet, mix your meat and 1 envelope taco seasoning. Brown your meat. You can skip this step if you want meatless lasagna, but there'd be a riot at my house, so.....
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix together salsa, enchiladasauce, and 1 cup of water..
- In a large mixing bowl, beat your egg, then add your ricotta and 2nd envelope of taco seasoning. mix well. crumble half of your Mexican crumbling cheese and mix into the ricotta mixture..
- In a ziploc bag, mix the rest of your crumbling cheese and the taco blend..
- I heat my beans in the microwave for 1 min 30 seconds only because its easier to spread warm..
- This will fit into a 13x9, but barely. If you have a slightly bigger baking dish, go for it..
- Spread a layer of sauce across the bottom of your pan..
- Mix your browned meat into the remaining sauce..
- Time for layering. Noodles, 3 across in a 13x9, slightly bigger pans fit 4 across. I usually put 3/4 of a piece at the end to cover the last gap. Save your scrap pieces. If you're using the slightly bigger pan you'll need them for your top layer..
- Spread a layer of half of your refried beans, then a layer of half of your ricotta, followed by a layer of a third of your cheese mixture. Top this with a layer of a third of your sauce and then start over..
- Do another layer of noodles, the last of your beans, last of the ricotta, half your remaining cheese and half your remaining sauce..
- Time for your final layer of noodles, sauce, then cheese..
- Again, this barely fits in a 13x9. Double wrap the pan in aluminum foil. Pop this in oven for an hour. I highly suggest wrapping a cookie sheet in aluminum foil and setting your 13x9 on it to catch any drip off..
- When you pull this out of the oven, let it set 10 min with the aluminum foil still on. Don't peek!.
- Unwrap and enjoy! I like to put hot sauce on mine, though Hubby is a fan of Mexican habanero sauce. He likes it best right out of the oven, I prefer the day after leftovers..
Making Mexican lasagna is very simple. Mexican Lasagna is a cross between lasagna and enchiladas. Tortillas, meat sauce, and cheese layered and topped with your favorite Mexican toppings! Our Mexican Lasagna gives the classic pasta dish a festive makeover using corn tortillas and enchilada sauce the whole family Nutritional Information. Servings Per Recipe This Mexican Lasagna recipe will become a family favorite!