Bolognese sauce. Hazan had a few recipes for the classic sauce. Serve this savory and decadent sauce as a hearty weeknight meal over spaghetti or rigatoni. How to Make a Classic Bolognese Sauce (Sugo alla Bolognese).
Instead, the sauce should release the occasional small bubble or two. When finished, the sauce Best bolognese I have ever made! A classic Bolognese Sauce should be in every home cook's repertoire! You can cook Bolognese sauce using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bolognese sauce
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 200 grams of bacon or pancetta.
- You need 4 clove of garlic.
- You need 4 small of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 medium of carrots chopped.
- It's 1 stick of celery chopped.
- Prepare 500 grams of minced beef.
- You need 500 grams of minced lamb.
- It's 100 ml of red wine.
- It's 2 large of cans chopped tomatoes.
- It's 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 small of cinnamon stick.
- You need 50 grams of parmesan cheese.
My version is smooth, rich, hearty and slow cooked to perfection. The very essence of Italian comfort food! Bolognese is so much more than just a meat sauce. When the temperature starts to drop, what sounds better than pasta smothered in rich, hearty, umami-bomb bolognese?
Bolognese sauce step by step
- Fry the onions, bacon, garlic, carrots anf celery until onions turn soft..
- Add meat (use beef only if you prefer a lighter sauce) and fry till brown then add wine and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half..
- Add rest of ingredients and simmer for an hour. Add the parmesan cheese to finish..
This homemade bolognese sauce is amazing! It goes so well with all of your favorite pasta dishes! It's not just meat and tomatoes over pasta. When making Bolognese, you want to use the best imported Italian plum tomatoes you can find. This is the best Bolognese sauce recipe, a staple in my home.