Tender Melt in your Mouth Meatballs with Sausage and Tomato Sauce.
You can have Tender Melt in your Mouth Meatballs with Sausage and Tomato Sauce using 26 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tender Melt in your Mouth Meatballs with Sausage and Tomato Sauce
- Prepare 1 of FOR MEATBALLS.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of meatloaf mix, which is a mix of ground beef,ground pork and ground veal.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of minced garlic.
- Prepare 4 oz of italian cheese blend such as romano, parmesan, provolone and asiago, grated.
- It's 1/4 cup of fresh bread crumbs I use rye bread but any fresh bread crumbs work, but not dry readcrumbs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of heavy cream.
- It's 8 oz of whole milk ricotta cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dry italian sasoning spice mix.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- You need 1 of egg,beaten.
- You need 1 of FOR SAUCE.
- Prepare 6 of italian sausage, mild or hot or a combination.
- Prepare 20 slice of of pepperoni.
- It's 2 of 28 ounce cans crushed tomatoes.
- It's 1 of 15 ounce can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 large of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of minced garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dry italian seasoning blend mix.
- It's 2 tbsp of fresh chopped basil.
- It's 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of heavy cream, optinal but adds a richness.
- You need 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
Tender Melt in your Mouth Meatballs with Sausage and Tomato Sauce instructions
- FOR MEATBALLS.
- In a small bowl combine breadcrumbs and cream to soak into a paste while combining remaining meatball ingredients in a large bowl, add soaked breadcrumbs with any remaining liquid if any is there. Mix all ingredients until well combined. Mixture will be soft. chill at least 2 hours before rolling into balls to make it easier to work with.You can do this a day in advance..
- Preheat oven to 375, spray baking pan lightly with non stick spray..
- Form meatballs into 11/2 inche balls place on baking pan not touching each other and bake 30 minutes..
- Add to your gently simmering tomato/sausage sauce for at least 45 minutes.
- FOR SAUCE.
- In a dutch oven, film the bottom with olive oil, add pepperoni and cook until crisp, remove to drain on paper towels. Add sausage ad brown all sides remove to a plate. Add onion and garlic adding a bit more olive oil only if needed, soften, then add all remaining sauce ingredients, simmer partially covered for 1 hour. Add baked meatballs and simmer gently at least 45 more minutes partially covered..
- What you do with the pepperoni is up to you, we garnish side salads with it!.
- Serve with any pasta or just crusty bread or both!.