Lasagna Style Rigatoni Bake. Rigatoni is a big, ridged, tubular type of pasta and is used in many saucy, cheesy pasta bakes like this baked rigatoni with meat sauce. The ridges in the noodle help catch the sauce, giving every bite a punch of flavor. If you don't have rigatoni on hand, you can replace it with pasta noodles like penne. rigatoni lasagna.
Very good and much easier than messing with lasagna noodles. The whole family asked me to put this in the rotation. For easier "layering" I'd suggest using Rigatoni pasta in place of the Penne. You can have Lasagna Style Rigatoni Bake using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lasagna Style Rigatoni Bake
- Prepare 1 lb of sausage.
- You need 1 lb of Hamburger.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- It's 6 clove of garlic, pressed.
- You need 28 oz of weight peeled, crushed tomatoes.
- It's 2 can of Tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Each rosemary and thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tsp of ground pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It's 1 box of 16 oz. Rigatoni noodles, cooked.
- Prepare 16 oz of tub of cottage cheese.
- Prepare 5 oz of philidelphia Italian herb and cheese cooking creme.
- It's 2 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It's 1 of egg.
- It's 1/2 cup of shredded parmessan cheese.
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of freshly shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1 of dried parsley, garnish.
Rigatoni pies are fun to make and eat. Filling them with ragu and ricotta make it even tastier than the average. Lasagna Rigatoni Swirl pie will be a fun. Our baked rigatoni combines traditional Italian ingredients like Lacinato (or Tuscan) kale, tomatoes and aromatics with Middle Eastern and North African touches like sliced almonds and golden raisins.
Lasagna Style Rigatoni Bake step by step
- In a skillet cook sausage and beef with onions and garlic, drain most of grease.
- Add canned tomatoes, tomato sauce and seasonings. Allow to summer for 10 min to meld flavors wile you boil, drain and cool water rinse your Rigatoni noodles.
- In a large seperate bowl, combine cottage cheese, coming creme, one egg, Italian seasonings, parmessan cheese and 2 cups mozzarella cheese. Stir in noodles..
- Spray 2-9×13 Pyrex casserole dishes. spread 1/4 of the cheese covered noodles in each pan. Next, spread 1/4 of the meat sauce, then 1/4 of the remaining mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers, ending with cheese and sprinkle with dried parsley..
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted..
For delicious textural contrast, we're topping the dish with ricotta salata, an aged, semi-hard version of. Take an aluminum foil lasagna pan and fill with a healthy layer of sauce to prevent noodles from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Make a creamy rigatoni dish baked with mascarpone cheese, fontina, and Italian sausage. The dish can also be made vegetarian and is better than any lasagna. This creamy and cheesy baked rigatoni always turns out better, and it's easier to make than any lasagna I've cooked.