Lasagna-Style Baked Ziti. Cook the ziti according to the package instructions. In a large pot, over medium-low heat, heat the oil. I just made it for friends tonight and it was really good and really filling!
In a large pot, over medium-low heat, heat the oil. To Freeze: Assemble (but do not bake) the casserole. Cover tightly with two layers of aluminum foil. You can have Lasagna-Style Baked Ziti using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lasagna-Style Baked Ziti
- You need 12 oz of Ziti.
- Prepare 1 lb of Lean Ground Beef.
- You need 26 oz of Marinara Sauce (one jar).
- Prepare 1 bunch of Spinach (stems removed).
- Prepare 1 large of onion, chopped.
- It's 2 clove of Garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of Ricotta.
- You need 1/2 cup of Grated Parmesan.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Grated Mozzarella.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It's 1 of as needed Kosher Salt and Black Pepper.
Easy, Delicious MealsThis recipe is marked as both kid-friendly and freezable. To freeze individual portions, try lining a ramekin with wax paper and scooping in the pasta before baking it. Pop them out of the ramekins once they're frozen and store them in bags. When ready to bake, peel off the paper.
Lasagna-Style Baked Ziti instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook pasta according to box instructions. Drain and return to pot..
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet at medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften (4-5 minutes)..
- Add beef and 3/4 tablespoon each of salt and pepper and cook, breaking the meat up with a spoon until it's no longer pink (5-6 minutes)..
- Toss the pasta into the mixture with the marinara, spinach, ricotta, and 1/4 cup of the parmesan..
- Transfer to a 9x13" baking dish. Top with mozzarella and the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan. Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese melts..
Lasagna-Style Baked Ziti recipe: Great dish you can also bake in individual dishes and serve for an upscale presentation. Pour your pasta into a large bowl and toss with a cup or two of your tomato sauce and mix accordingly. Into an aluminum pan, pour and spread about half of your pasta over the bottom of the pan. Enjoy this wonderful lasagna style baked pasta dish without the hassle of layering all the ingredients. A delicious blend of sauteed onions and garlic.