Bolognese Sauce. Hazan had a few recipes for the classic sauce. Serve this savory and decadent sauce as a hearty weeknight meal over spaghetti or rigatoni. How to Make a Classic Bolognese Sauce (Sugo alla Bolognese).
Instead, the sauce should release the occasional small bubble or two. When finished, the sauce Best bolognese I have ever made! A classic Bolognese Sauce should be in every home cook's repertoire! You can have Bolognese Sauce using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bolognese Sauce
- Prepare 11 oz of ground beef or minced beef.
- Prepare 5 1/2 oz of finely minced bacon.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot finely chopped.
- You need 1 leaf of stalk of celery finely chopped.
- It's 1 of medium onion finely chopped.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves finely chopped.
- It's 3/4 cup of red or white wine.
- Prepare 1 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 42 oz of fresh crushed plum tomatoes or 1 can (42 oz) of crushed tomatoes.
- You need of Salt and pepper (to taste).
My version is smooth, rich, hearty and slow cooked to perfection. The very essence of Italian comfort food! Bolognese is so much more than just a meat sauce. When the temperature starts to drop, what sounds better than pasta smothered in rich, hearty, umami-bomb bolognese?
Bolognese Sauce step by step
- Preheat a pan at over medium/high heat add oil and bacon and fry until it starts to release its fat (not burn).
- Add vegetables and sautee until the onions are trasnlucent, stir occasionally.
- Add the ground beef and cook it until it is lightly browned.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, beef broth, mix well.
- Cook it semi-covered at very low temperature for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt, pepper, milk and cook it semi-covered very slowly for about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Stir occasionally and if it looks like it is drying out, add a little more milk or beef broth Taste to adjust the salt.
This homemade bolognese sauce is amazing! It goes so well with all of your favorite pasta dishes! It's not just meat and tomatoes over pasta. When making Bolognese, you want to use the best imported Italian plum tomatoes you can find. This is the best Bolognese sauce recipe, a staple in my home.