Baked Pasta Maltese Style (Mqarun il-Forn).
You can cook Baked Pasta Maltese Style (Mqarun il-Forn) using 18 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Pasta Maltese Style (Mqarun il-Forn)
- Prepare 400 grams of Minced Beef.
- You need 1 of medium Onion.
- It's 2 oz of Red Wine.
- It's 1 tbsp of Beef Stockpot (Knorr).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Infusion Stockpot (Knorr).
- You need 2 clove of Garlic.
- You need 6 of medium Eggs.
- You need 1 packages of Bascamella or refer to recipe.
- It's 150 grams of Parmesan Cheese.
- Prepare 200 grams of Shredded Mozzarella.
- You need 3 pinch of Salt.
- You need 3 dash of Pepper.
- You need 500 ml of Tomato Puree.
- Prepare 2 can of Tomato Pulp.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Basil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Parsley.
- Prepare 3 1/2 tbsp of Sugar.
- It's 1 kg of Penne /Fussilli/Pennoni.
Baked Pasta Maltese Style (Mqarun il-Forn) instructions
- Preheat oven at 200 C.
- Boil Water..
- Place Skillet on heat and place diced garlic in Skillet with Olive Oil..
- Bring to a sizzle and Add Minced Beef and cook until done..
- Add Onion and cook for 5 mins..
- Add Tomato Pulp, Tomato Puree and Red Wine. Stir for 8 mins..
- Add Beef Stockpot,Infusion Stockpot, Salt, Pepper, Basil and Parsley. Stir for 8 mins..
- Add sugar and 2cups Bascamella. Stir well..
- Now that Sauce is done put aside to simmer and water should be boiling..
- Add preferred pasta to the pot and allow it to boil for 10 mins. This should bring it to an Al dente state..
- Using the boiling pot mix strained pasta with sauce and add in eggs and mozzarella and stir well..
- Now your mix is ready..
- Choose a preferred dish and cover in butter if not nonstick..
- Pour in mixture in dish and cover with remaining Bascamella and Parmesan Cheese..
- Place in oven and cook until top is a Golden Brown Colour..
- This can be served with a salad on the side and a cool fruity White or Rose Wine..
- And that is how we Wine and Dine in Malta !.
- Buon Appetit.