Super Cheese Italian Lasagna. Excellent basic cheese lasagna recipe that can be tailored very easily for family preferences. Added more mozarella to ricotta layers and added Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. This classic Italian lasagna is authentic, made with bechamel white sauce (no ricotta) and a simple red sauce.
Assemble a Classic Italian Lasagna with Giada De Laurentiis' recipe from Everyday Italian on Food Network. A homemade bechamel sauce makes a Arrange the final layer of pasta sheets and top with remaining bechamel, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Spread cheese mixture evenly onto each lasagna noodle. You can have Super Cheese Italian Lasagna using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Super Cheese Italian Lasagna
- Prepare 1 packages of Lasagna noodles.
- Prepare 2 large of 32oz Prego Chunky Garden Sauce.
- It's 2 packages of Mozzarella Cheese-shredded.
- Prepare 1 packages of Parmesan Cheese-shredded.
- Prepare 2 cup of Cottage Cheese-large curd.
- Prepare 16 oz of Ricotta Cheese.
- You need 1 packages of Mushrooms-fresh.
- It's 2 small of White Onions-diced.
- Prepare 1 medium of Green Pepper-diced.
- You need 1 1/4 lb of Ground Beef- Drained.
- You need 1 packages of Bob Evans Italian Sausage.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive Oil, Extra Virgin.
- Prepare 1 large of Mixing Bowl & Skillet & Stockpot.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1 small of mixing bowl.
Evenly top the cheese with the sausage mixture. Starting with a narrow end of the noodle, roll up the noodle, into a roll; repeat with. Our Classic Italian Lasagna would often take the place of a Sunday roast in our household. In the region where we're from the pasta will be made fresh (either normal yellow fresh pasta or in Bologna they For us, making a Lasagna was a ritual…our nonna would prepare the ragu and pasta on the.
Super Cheese Italian Lasagna instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F Fahrenheit..
- In a large stockpot boil water for the lasagna noodles. Add a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp. Olive oil to help prevent sticking..
- Heat 1 Tbsp. Oil in lg. Skillet. Add diced onion, diced green pepper, and tsp. minced garlic and sautee until onions are translucent..
- Put the sautéed onions & green peppers into a large mixing bowl..
- Add chopped mushrooms to skillet, cook down until done. Drain, then add to mixing bowl with onions and green peppers..
- Brown ground beef, and italian sausage. Drain, then add to mixing bowl..
- Add one jar of prego to mixing bowl and stir. In a small mixing bowl combine cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese..
- Put lasagna noodles into boiling water and cook for approx 15min. Stir occasionally..
- When noodles are done, drain most of the water. Then grab your lasagna pan and put 1 layer of prego sauce on bottom then a layer of noodles..
- Add a layer of meat mixture, then a layer of cheese mixture..
- Continue layering until you have reached the top of the pan. For the topping layer a thin topping of meat mixture, then dollop cheese mixture around then covwr with mozzarella cheese..
- Cover with foil tent and bake in oven at 375°F. For 30 minutes. Then remove foil tent, and return to oven for last 15 to 20 minutes depending on desired browning on top..
- Let rest for 15 minutes and then enjoy!.
This classic lasagna is made with Italian sausage, tomato sauce, ricotta, and mozzarella cheese. It's super easy and is always a hit with family and friends. This type of lasagna originated in Southern Italy and Naples. It was brought to America with Italian immigrants and became a staple at. I have even given this lasagna a Descriptive Name: Five Cheese Hot Italian Sausage Lasagna.