Quick venison bolognese sauce. For this venison Bolognese, ground venison is gently simmered for hours with onions, carrots, celery, wine, milk, and broth. This venison Bolognese differs from the classic in just one way: the choice of meat. Here ground venison, not beef, is gently simmered with vegetables.
This venison bolognese sauce is very versatile and a tasty way to use venison, beef or pork. Rich and comforting, this simple Venison Bolognese recipe is great over any type of pasta you choose. Because it's so lean, Venison doesn't really suit things like burger patties, but a slow braise in a rich tomato sauce keeps it moist - as long as you keep it saucy enough when reducing it. You can have Quick venison bolognese sauce using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quick venison bolognese sauce
- Prepare 400 g of venison mince.
- It's 1 of red pepper.
- You need squeeze of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- It's of dried shitake mushrooms.
- It's of sun dried red peppers.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery.
- Prepare splash of red wine.
- Prepare 1 tin of tomatoes.
- It's of grated garlic.
- Prepare of dried chili flakes.
A weekend-worthy sauce from Hank Shaw. "Have you ever had pasta with Bolognese sauce? I mean a real, honest-to-goodness Bolognese? A true Bolognese is just different from a typical meat sauce for pasta: smoother, meatier, mellower and a lot. This wild game twist on a traditional Italian recipe uses ground venison to create a rich, hearty meat sauce that's ideal served over pasta for the big.
Quick venison bolognese sauce step by step
- Soak mushrooms and tomatoes.
- A slow fry onions, celery and pepper in olive oil.
- Add mince.
- Make a space in middle for tomato puree. Let it dry for a couple of minutes..
- Stir in red wine.
- Add tin tomatoes, pinch of chili flakes and grated garlic.
- Cover and cook for as long as you have!.
- Served with buckwheat pasta and greens.
Many traditional Bolognese sauces are simmered for hours, but this one just needs a short time on the stove. It is easy to make ahead and reheat - if you are doing this intentionally, cook it up through the second step, and refrigerate it in a sealed container or covered pot for up to three days. Keywords: authentic bolognese, best bolognese sauce, bolognese sauce, bolognese sauce My fiancé is a hunter and we have tons of ground venison. This quick and meaty sauce is an incredible version of classic bolognese. Add the stock and marinara sauce and bring to a boil.