Italian QuickTomato Sauce. This authentic Italian tomato sauce is so quick, and easy to make that it's ready before the pasta is finished cooking! Who doesn't love a great tomato sauce, especially when it's full of authentic Italian flavors? We like to add some sugar to our sauce; it's easy for the acidity of the tomatoes to overwhelm everything else, but that's why we add a little bit of sugar to balance things.
An absolutely brilliant basic recipe. "This sweet tomato sauce is great on pizza, tossed through pasta, with meat or fish… there's so much you can use it for! " Jamie at Home Vegetables Italian Quick fixes Sauces & condiments. Quick Tomato Sauce - You can skip the jarred sauce! This is super quick, easy, fresh and so I have the quickest, easiest tomato sauce recipe using pantry staples, dried Another winner! You can cook Italian QuickTomato Sauce using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian QuickTomato Sauce
- Prepare 1 large of sweet yellow onion, chopped.
- It's 1/4 cup of red or white wine, or vermouth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped basil leaves.
- It's 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped oregano.
- It's 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of crushed dried hot red chiles.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 can of plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped.
Subbed out ground beef with Beyond Italian Sausage.which, while not. Italian tomato sauce is extremely versatile and easy to make. There are literally hundreds of variations on a tomato sauce recipe, but each one starts with the same ingredients. You can make your own basic Italian tomato sauce (also called gravy, sugo or ragu).
Italian QuickTomato Sauce instructions
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil, garlic and onion over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and wine..
- Transfer half of the mixture to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth..
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer 15 minutes more while stirring occasionally..
- Use immerdiately. To store, rafrigerate in a covered container for up to 7 days, or freeze until needed..
View top rated Quick italian tomato sauce recipes with ratings and reviews. In August and September, when tomatoes are at their ripest, make a batch of fresh tomato sauce. At the market, look for the cracked, slightly bruised tomatoes sold at a discount. Easy Tomato Sauce, a quick Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe. Tomatoes have to be the most versatile vegetables out there.