Sausage stuffed shells. This easy stuffed shells recipe with sausage, spinach, tomato, and ricotta cheese will make just about anyone reach in for more. Jump to the Sausage Stuffed Shells Recipe or read on to see our tips for. Jumbo pasta shells are stuffed with Italian sausage and shredded mozzarella cheese, topped with marinara sauce and more cheese then baked until bubbly and browned.
Stuffed shells are always an easy crowdpleaser, and this sausage-filled version is sure to be a hit amongst everyone, even picky eaters! Today I would like to share with you my Stuffed Shells with Sausage and Peppers recipe. Sausage Stuffed Shells Recipe - Flavorful sausage and herb ricotta cheese mixture is stuffed inside pasta shells and topped with flavorful marinara and cheese! You can have Sausage stuffed shells using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sausage stuffed shells
- It's 12 ounces of jumbo shells pasta.
- Prepare 1 pound of sweet Italian sausage.
- You need 1 pound of lean ground beef.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- It's 1/4 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tablespoon of dried parsley.
- It's 1 teaspoon of dried basil.
- You need 24.3 ounces of HemisFares Sausage and Fennel Ragu with Barolo Wine.
- It's 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese.
I will be traveling for the next two weeks. " Sausage stuffed shells are a great way to make good use of those jumbo pasta shells. Using Italian sausage is something different from your normal hamburger or chicken stuffed shells. Make the stuffed shells: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta shells and cook until just slightly softened but still.
Sausage stuffed shells step by step
- Boil 8 cups of water in a large pan over medium -high heat..
- Ntly pour the stuffed shells into the boiling water and boil for 9 minutes, then drain and set aside. (You'll need about 22-24 shells, but I boil the whole 12 ounces so I have extra in case some shells break.).
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, pork, egg, cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, parsley and basil. Mix well..
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread about 3/4 cup sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan..
- Using an ice cream scoop (or your hands), scoop the meat mixture and gently stuff it into the shells. Place the shells meat side up into the prepared pan, side by side to fill the pan..
- Once the shells are all stuffed, pour the rest of the sauce overtop the shells and spread it around to cover all the shells..
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over top..
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil a little larger than your pan. Spray one side with cooking spray. Cover the baking pan (sprayed side down) and press to seal..
- Bake covered for 40 minutes, then uncover and broil on low for 3-5 minutes to brown the cheese (watch this closely!)..
These delicious, extra cheesy, Italian sausage stuffed shells use a few shortcuts to make this dinner so fast and easy to make. My kids love red sauce and noodles. Want an easy stuffed shell recipe? These sausage-broccoli stuffed shells from Delish.com are the bomb. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta shells until al dente.