RedMan's Famous Chili.
You can cook RedMan's Famous Chili using 19 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of RedMan's Famous Chili
- You need 6 slice of thick Applewood Smoked Bacon.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of meduim onions, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of yellow bell pepper, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- It's 1 tbsp of chipolte chili powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- It's 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground sirloin beef.
- It's 1 lb of Italian sausage, ground pork (meduim or hot).
- It's 1 of (12 ounce) can of Budweiser or your favorite beer.
- Prepare 1 of (15 ounce) can of black beans.
- Prepare 1 of (15 ounce) can of kidney beans (red beans).
- It's 1 of (24 ounce) can of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 of (24 ounce) can of diced tomatoes.
RedMan's Famous Chili instructions
- In large heavy seasoned cast iron skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until lightly crisp, stirring occasionally. Once the bacon is browned, add the garlic, onions,bell peppers, chili powder, cumin, chipotle chili powder, oregano, and smoked paprika salt and pepper. Cook until the vegetables are tender and seasonings are aromatic. Add the beef and pork, break it up with a wooden spoon. Once the beef/pork is brown and no longer pink, add contents to a large pot. Stir in the beer and beans. Toss together; then add the crushed and diced tomatoes. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours..