Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach. Butternut squash makes the creamiest sauce, which makes it a healthy, lighter alternative to cream sauces made with heavy cream and butter. Add baby spinach and stir in parmesan cheese and sage. Toss in cooked pasta and sausage and mix until well coated.
Butternut squash, sweet Italian sausage, sage and pasta go together like, well like butternut squash and sage. Everything is cooked in the same pan When we heat the butter and it starts to brown (caramelize), it adds a ton of flavor. Butternut squash sauce is a healthy, light alternative to cream sauces made with heavy cream and butter. You can have Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach
- It's Half of pound Italian sausage.
- You need of Crushed red pepper flakes.
- It's Half of pound pasta.
- Prepare of Trader Joe’s Autumnal Harvest pasta sauce.
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
- It's 1 handful of Baby spinach.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves; minced.
Butternut squash sauce is rich and creamy without the cream. I can see this replacing a lot of the cream based pasta sauces in my repertoire. That and of course it makes sausage fiend OH super happy. While the squash is browning, add pasta to boiling water, and cook to al dente according to package directions.
Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach instructions
- Start a pot of boiling water. Cook your pasta according to directions on the box. I used fusilli so it can pick up that amazing sauce!.
- In a separate pan, cook the sausage, red pepper flakes, and garlic on med high heat until no longer pink. No oil needed. I started with half a tsp of red pepper flakes..
- Don’t forget your pasta!!!!! Keep some pasta water on the side. Leave the pasta in a strainer..
- Add in the pasta sauce to the pan w sausage. Simmer until bubbly..
- Then the spinach..
- Arrange your bowl! Pasta, sauce, top w shredded Parmesan and pepper if ya like! (I love freshly cracked black pepper) Enjoy!.
Add the pasta to the pan and mix with the brown-butter sauce (if the pasta has cooled. Butternut squash and spinach pasta with Roquefort cheese and walnutsOn dine chez Nanou. This Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce recipe is SUPER easy to make and a delicious alternative to traditional pasta sauces! The result is a super creamy sauce that's the same consistency of pasta sauce and perfect for any kind of noodles! Make in a big patch and then store the leftovers for use later.