Meatballs with Rosemary and Tom Sauce.
You can cook Meatballs with Rosemary and Tom Sauce using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meatballs with Rosemary and Tom Sauce
- Prepare 6 of Jacob's Cream Crakers.
- Prepare 2 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary.
- Prepare 1 of Heaped Teaspoons Dijon Mustard or 1 if English.
- Prepare 250 g of minced Beef or Pork (best 50:50).
- You need 1/2 of Heaped Tablespoon dried Oregano.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- You need of Olive Oil.
- You need 1 Bunch of Fresh Basil.
- You need 1/2 of Medium Onion.
- It's 2 Cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Fresh or Dried Red Chilli.
- It's 400 g of tin Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar.
- Prepare 200 g of Pasta (I like a nice thick Spaghetti).
- It's of Parmesan Cheese.
Meatballs with Rosemary and Tom Sauce instructions
- Wrap the crackers in a tea towel and smash up until fine, breaking up any big bits with your hands, then tip into a large bowl..
- Pick and finely chop the rosemary, then add to the bowl with the mustard, minced meat and oregano..
- Crack the egg into the bowl, then add a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper..
- Mix everything up well. Divide into 4 large and balls, then with wet hands divide each ball into 6 and roll into little meatballs – you should end up with about 24..
- Place the meatballs onto a plate, drizzle with oil and jiggle about to coat, then cover and place in the fridge until needed..
- Pick the basil leaves, keeping any smaller ones to one side for later. Peel and finely chop the onion and the garlic, and finely slice the chilli..
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the onion and cook for 7 minutes, or until softened and lightly golden..
- Add the garlic and chilli, and as soon as they start to get some colour add the large basil leaves..
- Tip in the tin tomatoes, breaking them up with the back of a spoon, then add the balsamic vinegar, and season to taste. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer until needed, stirring regularly..
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in another large frying pan over a medium heat, add the meatballs and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cooked through, turning regularly To check if they’re cooked, cut one opening – there should be no sign of pink..
- Once cooked, add the meatballs to the sauce..
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the packet instructions, then drain, my Italian friend says cook in water as salty as the sea. Return the pasta to the pan..
- Spoon half the tomato sauce over the pasta and toss together, add the meatballs and eat :P.