You can cook My Chili using 18 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Chili
- It's 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of ground johnsonville hot italian sausage.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of smoked bacon (cut into small pieces).
- You need 8 oz of dark beer (I use Guinness or Guinness Stout).
- It's 1 of 28oz can of crushed tomatoes.
- It's 1 of 28oz can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 of 15oz can of kidney beans (drained and rinsed).
- Prepare 1 of 15oz can of black beans (drained and rinsed).
- You need 2 large of white onions (finely chopped).
- It's 5 clove of of garlic (finely chopped).
- It's 1 of red pepper (roasted, peeled, and chopped).
- It's 1 of yellow pepper (roasted, peeled, and chopped).
- It's 3 tbsp of of chili powder.
- It's 1 tbsp of of chipolte chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fo ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp of of dried oregano.
- It's 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
My Chili instructions
- In large heavy pot, cook the bacon over medium heat until lightly crisp. While bacon is cooking, roast peppers in broiler until blackened. Remove and allow to cool. Once the bacon is browned, add the garlic, onions, bell peppers, chili powder, cumin, chipotle chili powder, oregano, and smoked paprika and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until the vegetables are tender. Add the beef and break it up with a wooden spoon. Once beef is broken up and beginning to brown, add the pork. Break up with wooden spoon like the beef, and brown, roughly 5 minutes. Stir in the beer and beans and gently mix together, then add the crushed and diced tomatoes (do not drain juice.) Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper if necessary..
- Optional – Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, crackers, fresh scallions, or a dollop of sour cream – your choice.