Turkey chili. Incredible, perfectly spiced healthy chili made with lean ground turkey, kidney beans and corn. Easy Turkey Chili, great for turkey leftovers! With shredded turkey meat, kidney beans, onion, garlic, tomatoes and chili.
You might not think of chili as an easy weeknight dish, but this turkey version from Pierre Franey will change your mind. Dump and simmer Turkey Chili recipe (stove top or slow cooker) can be on the table in less than an hour and is divinely delicious, healthy yet hearty and SO packed with flavor you won't even miss the. Turkey chili is loaded with lean ground turkey making it healthier than traditional chili but just as hearty and satisfying. You can cook Turkey chili using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkey chili
- It's 3 pounds of ground turkey.
- Prepare 1 pound of Hot turkey Italian sausage.
- You need 6 of bell peppers.
- It's 2 of large onions.
- It's 1 of garlic bulb.
- You need 3-4 of chili season packages(McCormick's).
- Prepare 32 oz of can dice tomato.
- Prepare 2-3 (16 oz) of can dark kidney beans.
My friend Gina from nursing school, shared this award winning slow cooker chili. Turkey Chili is a healthy, flavorful recipe that's it's easy to throw together and everyone loves it! It's just one of those family friendly dinners that everyone can agree on. It's one of the quickest chilis you can make, and leftovers keep beautifully!
Turkey chili instructions
- Dice bell peppers and onions and place them in a very large pot with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Cook on medium heat, when green peppers soften up add your garlic. I chop my garlic into small pieces. At the same time in a large skillet or pot, cook ground turkey and turkey Italian sausage until meat is brown..
- Mix your chili season packages to turkey meat. Don't drain the juices from cooked meat..
- Add turkey meat to bell peppers and onions. Add tomatoes and beans. Do not drain the juice from the beans or tomatoes. Stir well and let simmer for 10 minutes..
- Serve it on top of nacho chips with cheese. Or the traditional way inside of a bowl..
Turkey Chili is so thick and hearty and bursting with flavor. This healthier chili recipe is loaded with tender beans, lean ground turkey, and the perfect blend of spice. This turkey chili recipe, which takes a little under an hour to cook, falls somewhere in between. The turkey is browned in the same Dutch oven you'll use to make the rest of the stew, and a few shortcuts. This healthy turkey chili is more healthy than a beef chili.