Pressure Cooker Bolognese Sauce.
You can cook Pressure Cooker Bolognese Sauce using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pressure Cooker Bolognese Sauce
- Prepare 28 oz of Can Italian Plum Tomatoes or Whole Peeled.
- It's 1/2 cup of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 2 of Carrots.
- It's 1 1/2 of Celery Stalk.
- You need 1 of Red Onion.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- You need 3 clove of minced Garlic.
- You need 1 of Flat Leaf Parsley.
- It's 1 lb of lean Ground Beef.
- You need 1 lb of Ground Pork.
- You need 1/4 cup of Tomato Paste.
- It's 1 pinch of Brown Sugar.
- It's 1 cup of Red Wine.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dried Basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- It's 1 of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1 of Parmesan Cheese (optional).
Pressure Cooker Bolognese Sauce step by step
- Strain can of Tomatoes into a bowl reserving liquid. Deseed Tomatoes over strainer and set aside Tomatoes and reserved liquid..
- Mince Carrots, Celery, Onion, and set the mirepoix aside..
- In a large bowl, break apart Ground Beef and Ground Pork into little bits with your fingers. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt on meat. Fluff meat with fingers to mix then press meat to bottom of bowl and set aside..
- Heat a cast iron Dutch oven or large cast iron pan to 450-500 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat pressure cooker pot, not as hot as cast iron, so both are hot at same time..
- Once both pots are hot, add 1/2 cup Oil, mirepoix, and pinch of Salt in pressure cooker pot and stir..
- Immediately put the seasoned beef/pork lump into cast iron Dutch oven, press on meat to fill bottom of pan and set timer for 3 1/2 minutes..
- While the meat sears, constantly sauté mirepoix in the pressure cooker pot for 5 minutes..
- When 3 1/2 minutes beef/pork timer is done, flip meat lump and set timer for another 3 1/2 minutes..
- When the mirepoix 5 minutes is done, add to the pressure cooker pot a handful of Parsley, the minced Garlic, and sauté for another minute or until beef/pork timer is done..
- Once beef/pork timer is done, add beef/pork lump along with all the juices into pressure cooker. Continue cooking meat breaking up beef/pork with wooden spoon for 3 minutes..
- After the 3 minutes is up, make a hole in center of pressure cooker pot for Tomato Paste. Add Tomato Paste and Brown Sugar. Turn heat up to medium high to caramelize paste..
- After a few minutes add Basil, Oregano, Salt, Pepper, and stir..
- Add the Wine and cook for 5 minutes until wine is evaporated..
- Add deseeded Tomatoes, reserved liquid and stir..
- Seal pressure cooker and bring up to pressure. Cook 7 minutes with slow release or 9 minutes with fast release..
- Serve on pasta topped with parmesan cheese..