Lasagna-Style Baked Ziti. Cook the ziti according to the package instructions. In a large pot, over medium-low heat, heat the oil. I just made it for friends tonight and it was really good and really filling!
In a large pot, over medium-low heat, heat the oil. To Freeze: Assemble (but do not bake) the casserole. Cover tightly with two layers of aluminum foil. You can cook Lasagna-Style Baked Ziti using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lasagna-Style Baked Ziti
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1 large of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 12 oz of ziti (about 4 cups).
- It's 1/2 lb of lean ground turkey.
- It's 1 of Kosher salt.
- You need 1 of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of 26-oz jar marinara sauce.
- You need 1 bunch of spinach, thick stems removed (about 4 cups).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ricotta.
- It's 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan (2 oz).
- You need 1 of oregano, to taste.
- You need 1 cup of grated mozzarella.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
Easy, Delicious MealsThis recipe is marked as both kid-friendly and freezable. To freeze individual portions, try lining a ramekin with wax paper and scooping in the pasta before baking it. Pop them out of the ramekins once they're frozen and store them in bags. When ready to bake, peel off the paper.
Lasagna-Style Baked Ziti step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain the pasta & return it to the pot..
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion & garlic 4-5 mins. Add turkey, 3/4 tsp salt & 1/4 tsp pepper and cook, 5-6 mins..
- Toss the pasta with the meat mixture, marinara sauce, tomato paste, baby spinach, oregano, ricotta & 1/2 cup Parmesan & transfer to a 9X13 baking dish. Sprinkle an even coat of mozzarella & more Parmesan on top, bake until melted, 12-15 mins..
Lasagna-Style Baked Ziti recipe: Great dish you can also bake in individual dishes and serve for an upscale presentation. Pour your pasta into a large bowl and toss with a cup or two of your tomato sauce and mix accordingly. Into an aluminum pan, pour and spread about half of your pasta over the bottom of the pan. Enjoy this wonderful lasagna style baked pasta dish without the hassle of layering all the ingredients. A delicious blend of sauteed onions and garlic.