Cavatelli with broccoli and garlic. In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over moderate heat until hot. Add the garlic and cook it, stirring, until pale golden. If you make this as written you will be disappointed as it will essentially be plain pasta with broccoli and garlic.
Remove garlic and add chicken broth and reserved water from broccoli. Cavatelli are small pasta shells and one of the main ingredients in this cavatelli and broccoli recipe, one of the traditional dishes from Southern Italy. Sometimes cavatelli are made with ricotta cheese mixed in with the semolina dough. You can cook Cavatelli with broccoli and garlic using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cavatelli with broccoli and garlic
- Prepare 5 cup of boiling water in medium sauce pan.
- You need 2 cup of boiling water in small saucepan.
- It's 1 lb of frozen cavatelli.
- It's 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic diced.
- It's 1 box of frozen chopped broccoli.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmasan Romano cheese.
- Prepare 3 dash of Black pepper.
Once the oil is hot enough, immediately add the minced garlic. Instructions for cavatelli and broccoli recipe. Transfer pasta, sausage, broccoli and broth to a large bowl, then toss well. (Add reserved cooking water from pasta as necessary for moisture.) This cavatelli with broccoli recipe, made with pasta, olive oil, and Parmesan, is a quick weeknight dinner from pantry staples. Transfer sausage to a large serving bowl and add broccoli, oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes to pan.
Cavatelli with broccoli and garlic step by step
- Add cavatelli to medium saucepan of boiling water and cook as directed on bag.
- While the pasta is cooking place broccoli in small sauce pan of boiling water..
- In a medium frying pan add olive oil and butter on medium low heat.
- Once the butter is melted in the oil add the diced garlic and cook until light golden brown.
- strain the broccoli and add it the the olive oil butter and garlic and slowly pour in chicken broth.
- strain cavatelli.
- In a medium serving bowl add grated cheese and black pepper mix it up than add cavatelli and mix together.
- Now pour the broccoli mixture into the serving bowl with the pasta and give it a quick stir and voilà!.
Image result for cavatelli and broccoli. Homemade Cavatelli with Broccoli, another great example of Cucina Povera. Add the Cavatelli to the water and cook them until they are al dente. Once the garlic turns golden, pour the oil and the garlic over the Cavatelli. Add the butter and garlic to the skillet.