Enchilada Lasagna. Spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a medium casserole dish. I do recommend frying the tortillas before adding them to the lasagna as they will disintegrate if you don't. Easy enchilada lasagna over and over again!
I'm talking about enchilada lasagna in this post. I made the lasagna with Cappello's gluten free/grain free lasagna strips. The ingredients aren't "paleo perfect" but they are pretty damn close. You can have Enchilada Lasagna using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Enchilada Lasagna
- It's 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It's 1 of bell pepper, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) of pinto beans, rinsed and drained.
- You need 2 tbsp. of taco seasoning (homemade or 1 store bought packet).
- You need 1 can (19 oz.) of red enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded Colby Jack cheese.
- Prepare 8 of small tortillas, all sliced in half (flour or corn work).
This is the best enchilada lasagna casserole we have for dinner often that my kids absolutely love! If you're looking for a baked cheesy casserole packed with lots of flavor and ground beef that is easy to. Making your enchilada sauce from scratch is easy and so worth it. I do like traditional enchiladas better, but this receipe is great for during the week.
Enchilada Lasagna step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8 baking dish and set it aside..
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the peppers and onions. Cook, stirring often, until they begin to soften, about 3-5 minutes. Then add the garlic. Cook and stir a minute or so more, until fragrant..
- Add the beef to the skillet. Cook, breaking it up as it cooks, until it is browned throughout. Drain any excess fat if needed. Add the pinto beans and taco seasoning and stir to incorporate everything. Remove the skillet from the heat..
- Spread a layer of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of the baking dish, enough to coat the bottom. Arrange 4 of the tortilla halves around the dish..
- Spread 1/3 of the meat mixture over the tortillas, about 1/2 cup of cheese, then another layer of enchilada sauce. Arrange 4 more tortilla halves over that, then continue to layer everything until all the meat is used up (you should get 3 layers)..
- After the last layer, add 4 more tortilla halves, then spread over the last of the enchilada sauce and sprinkle over the last 1/2 cup of cheese. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake an additional 15 minutes, until everything is heated through..
- Let it sit for 5 or so minutes, then cut into it and serve..
This thing was something I could make. Swap out lasagna noodles for corn tortillas and layer between chicken breast, cheese, herbs and a tongue-sizzling sauce. White Chicken Enchilada Lasagna is like white chicken chili but in the form of enchilada lasagna. Cheesy and delicious, a family favorite! How about some cheese, cheese and more cheese??