Caprese salad with Capsicum. The lovely Italian salad of sliced tomato, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil leaves gets a drizzle of sweet, tangy balsamic vinegar reduction for a gourmet summer treat. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper, spread fresh basil leaves over the salad, and drizzle with olive oil and the balsamic reduction. Caprese salad (Italian: insalata caprese or simply caprese; [kaˈpreːze]) is a simple Italian salad, made of sliced fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and sweet basil, seasoned with salt and olive oil.
Caprese Salad or Insalata Caprese is a simple salad of fresh mozzarella and tomatoes topped with basil and a splash of balsamic. A perfect end of summer appetizer or side dish, especially when tomatoes are at their peak. Capsicums add sweetness and crunch to any salad. You can have Caprese salad with Capsicum using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caprese salad with Capsicum
- It's 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of capsicum.
- Prepare as needed of Fresh mozzarella cheese.
- It's of Few olives.
- Prepare of Few sprigs of mint leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of crushed black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
Select capsicums with firm and glossy skin that are heavy for their size for these delicious salad recipes. Caprese salad (or insalata Caprese) is a simple salad made with ripe tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and basil. Scroll through our article to see how to make the best, most delicious Caprese salad or Jump to the Caprese Salad Recipe. We have hundreds of recipes on Inspired Taste and if you were to ask.
Caprese salad with Capsicum instructions
- Thinly slice the mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and capsicum..
- Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, crushed pepper and salt..
- Roll the sliced mozzarella cheese into this liquid mixture, then roll all the tomatoes into the liquid mixture, then finally roll the capsicum into the remaining mixture..
- On a large platter, arrange the tomatoes, cheese and capsicum in sequence and garnish with some olives and mint leaves..
- Drizzle the remaining dressing over the salad Garnish with olives and mint leaves..
This Caprese Salad (or Insalata Caprese) is so easy to make and uses fresh ingredients. Plus, it looks beautiful when plated. I think I've said this about Caesar Salad before, but caprese salad, or insalata caprese (if you're getting fancy and channeling your inner Italian), is the easiest of all easy salads to. The Best Tomatoes for Caprese Salad. The great thing about making a caprese in the summertime is that pretty much any tomato you use will taste great.