Italian Steak Pizzaiola Batch 8. Steak pizzaiola does not resemble a modern-day pizza in any way. So what exactly is authentic steak pizzaiola, where did it originate and how do you make Despite many areas of Italy making pizzaiola, the ingredients used in the dish and the nature of the cooking process tends to point to Naples as the. In addition, the great part about steak pizzaiola is that it uses few ingredients which you are most likely to have already laying around the house.
This saucy steak dish is an Italian American classic descended from Naples, home of pizza. Steak pizzaiola, a quick and easy stove to table recipe, top quality in taste, a truly uncomplicated comfort food. There are hundreds of ways to make steak pizzaiola, some add peppers, some top it with melted cheese. You can have Italian Steak Pizzaiola Batch 8 using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian Steak Pizzaiola Batch 8
- Prepare of Steak.
- Prepare 1 pound of round eye steak.
- Prepare 2 of large green bell peppers.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- It's 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- It's 4 of peperoncini/ banana pickled peppers.
- You need 15 ounces of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 15 ounces of diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare of Cheeses.
- Prepare To taste of parmigiano reggiano cheese grated.
- You need To taste of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need of Garnish.
- Prepare To taste of red pepper flakes.
Also, the meat you use can vary, you could use a less tender cut of meat but then. Be the first to review this recipe. Recipe by Alan in SW Florida. If you don't want pasta, the sauce is also delicious Season steaks lightly with a sprinkling of oregano, granulated garlic, and salt and pepper.
Italian Steak Pizzaiola Batch 8 step by step
- Rustic cut the onion and peppers. Slice the garlic. Slice the peperoncini's..
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Season the steak with salt. Sear each side of the steaks 2 minutes. Set aside..
- Add the onions to the skillet. Sauté till translucent. Add the peppers, sauté 3 minutes add in the garlic..
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the steak, and cheese. Bring to a simmer. Make sure everything is incorporated well..
- Add the steaks back to the skillet coat completely with the sauce. Simmer 20 minutes..
- After 20 minutes turn and simmer the second side for 15 minutes..
- Grate the parmigiano reggiano cheese over the top. Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Steak pizzaiola has been popular in Italy for years but was made famous in other places by the popular TV show, Everybody Loves Raymond. It isn't so much a recipe as directions, since Italians like to cook "all'occhio" (by the eye). Don't worry - you can do it! Italian Menu Italian Dishes Italian Recipes Italian Entrees Steaks Ravioli Steak Recipes Cooking Recipes Cooking Time. Steak Pizzaiola or Bistecca Alla Pizzaiola.