You can cook Squash Lasagna using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Squash Lasagna
- You need 1 can of tomato paste.
- It's 10 of roma tomatoes.
- It's 1 bunch of basil.
- You need 1 of large purple onion.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of ground sausage.
- It's 6-10 of zucchini and/or yellow squash.
- You need 2 pint of containers of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1 block of mozzarella.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It's of Itallian seasoning or equivalent fresh herbs.
Squash Lasagna step by step
- Chop onions, tomatoes, basil, and garlic to desired size. I'm pretty rough with this and call it rustic..
- Cut squash in rounds with mandolin..
- Brown Meat in a little olive oil. I like to do this in a cast iron pan. Drain and set aside..
- Carmelize onions in olive oil and/or meat drippings. I'll usually just toss them in the same cast iron. Then add fresh basil, garlic, and tomatoes. A few minutes later add tomato paste and seasoning..
- Add in meat and mix together. Remove from heat..
- Create bottom layer of squash in a casserole pan..
- Add sauce to casserole pan..
- Add layer of ricotta cheese to casserole pan..
- Add top layer of squash in casserole pan..
- Slice rough rounds of mozzarella for top of casserole pan..
- Bake in oven for 30-45 mins on 350 until cheese is melted to your preference..