Fresh mozzarella Basil sourdough pizza. With a make-ahead dough and a simple sauce, this pizza is an option any night of the week. Homemade basil and mozzarella pizza is one of my favorites. The is nothing nicer than the combination of fresh basil and mozzarella.
The fresh cheese will make for a more appealing-looking pizza, and impart a pleasant chewiness to the bite. Transfer to cutting board; sprinkle tops of pizzas with basil, and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. This most iconic of pizzas is topped with tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, and basil leaves—the colors of the Italian flag. You can cook Fresh mozzarella Basil sourdough pizza using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fresh mozzarella Basil sourdough pizza
- Prepare 1 cup of sourdough starter.
- You need 1 cup of organic spelt and red hard wheat flour mix.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of unbleached white flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of organic yogurt.
- It's 1 tsp of kaniwa seeds (for extra protein profile).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 2 Tsp of Extra Virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of homemade tomatoe sauce.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of fresh Basil.
- Prepare 1 lb of fresh mozzarella cheese in liquid.
See previous pizza posts for baking temp/times. The Best Smoked Mozzarella Pizza Recipes on Yummly Mix your fresh mozzarella with some cheap, low moisture mozzarella, roughly in equal parts. You'll then get the best of both worlds - the melty, gooey Most pizza chefs recommend using whole milk dry mozzarella.
Fresh mozzarella Basil sourdough pizza step by step
- Grind spelt and red hard spring wheat into flour in a grain mill..
- Whisk all wet ingredients (sourdough starter, yogurt) in a large mixing bowl. Add flours, kaniwa seeds,salt..
- Knead the dough by hands until smooth. Shape it into a ball and cover the bowl with a giant plate to avoid drying out. Allow it to rise in the oven with oven lamp on if room temperature is lower than 70F. Give it at least 2 hours to ferment before checking it out. Don't even bother to check it too frequent..
- About 6 hours or so, dump the dough on a working surface with a little bit olive oil. Press the dough from the center and gently work outerward to shape it into a big round flat bread. Transfer the bread onto a baking sheet with lining a parchment paper at the bottom. Add a little bit olive oil again and smooth out a cup of tomatoe sauce, also work from middle to the edge and stop from 1/4 inch towards the edge. Evenly distribute mozzarella cheese and aged cheese and Basil..
- Bake at 420 F for 20 minutes. Slice and enjoy 🍕..
Edit, you can try slicing or shredding the wet cheese and let it sit on paper towels for. Homemade pizza, fresh from the oven with mozzarella and spicy Italian 'nduja sausage will wow your guests every time. Spoon some of the tomato mixture into the centre of the pizza base, spreading it almost to the edges. Fresh baked Sourdough smothered in Garlic Infused Olive Oil seasoned with Parmesan Romano Cheese Blend. Fresh baked Sourdough seasoned with a buttery cinnamon sugar blend.