Tender Melt in your Mouth Meatballs with Sausage and Tomato Sauce. Learn how to Make homemade meatballs in tomato sauce. Great for quick and easy dinner or lunch. Coat the bottom of a large roasting pan with olive oil.
Tender meatballs filled with onions and Parmesan, bathed in plenty of tomato sauce, are classics in every way except for one: They call for turkey instead of the usual beef (or beef-veal-pork combination). Serve them over spaghetti or polenta, or stuff them into a hero roll for a sandwich. Italian herb seasoning salt and pepper. You can cook Tender Melt in your Mouth Meatballs with Sausage and Tomato Sauce using 26 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tender Melt in your Mouth Meatballs with Sausage and Tomato Sauce
- You need 1 of FOR MEATBALLS.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of meatloaf mix, which is a mix of ground beef,ground pork and ground veal.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 4 oz of italian cheese blend such as romano, parmesan, provolone and asiago, grated.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh bread crumbs I use rye bread but any fresh bread crumbs work, but not dry readcrumbs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of heavy cream.
- It's 8 oz of whole milk ricotta cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dry italian sasoning spice mix.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- Prepare 1 of egg,beaten.
- It's 1 of FOR SAUCE.
- It's 6 of italian sausage, mild or hot or a combination.
- It's 20 slice of of pepperoni.
- You need 2 of 28 ounce cans crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of 15 ounce can diced tomatoes.
- It's 1 large of onion, chopped.
- It's 4 of minced garlic cloves.
- You need 2 tsp of dry italian seasoning blend mix.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh chopped basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It's 1 tbsp of heavy cream, optinal but adds a richness.
- It's 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
Meatballs are a little time-consuming; all that rolling! So when we make meatballs we make a lot of them and either have them four days in a row, or freeze them. Broiled meatballs like these are great straight from the freezer; just warm up in a little simmering tomato sauce. Extremely tender meatballs in homemade tomato and saffron sauce.
Tender Melt in your Mouth Meatballs with Sausage and Tomato Sauce step by step
- FOR MEATBALLS.
- In a small bowl combine breadcrumbs and cream to soak into a paste while combining remaining meatball ingredients in a large bowl, add soaked breadcrumbs with any remaining liquid if any is there. Mix all ingredients until well combined. Mixture will be soft. chill at least 2 hours before rolling into balls to make it easier to work with.You can do this a day in advance..
- Preheat oven to 375, spray baking pan lightly with non stick spray..
- Form meatballs into 11/2 inche balls place on baking pan not touching each other and bake 30 minutes..
- Add to your gently simmering tomato/sausage sauce for at least 45 minutes.
- FOR SAUCE.
- In a dutch oven, film the bottom with olive oil, add pepperoni and cook until crisp, remove to drain on paper towels. Add sausage ad brown all sides remove to a plate. Add onion and garlic adding a bit more olive oil only if needed, soften, then add all remaining sauce ingredients, simmer partially covered for 1 hour. Add baked meatballs and simmer gently at least 45 more minutes partially covered..
- What you do with the pepperoni is up to you, we garnish side salads with it!.
- Serve with any pasta or just crusty bread or both!.
Remove the meatballs from the pan and place them in a plate. Keep the frying-pan with the used oil to make the tomato sauce. Tender, melt-in-your-mouth (make-ahead!) meatballs stuffed into mini subs. Makes for easy serving, sharing and portion control! All you need are some dinner rolls.