Pasta, italian sausage and spinach one dish meal. This heavy, filling one-pot meal actually began with a big bag of spinach I scored at a farmer's market in Chicago. Since I always seem to have pasta around, I started there and somehow came across this recipe in the Boston Globe that pairs spinach with spicy Italian sausage, cooks the pasta in a. Tender pasta shells filled with a ricotta and sausage stuffing are baked to a gooey tenderness with cheese and a little cream - just don't count on Roughly chop the spinach and add to the bowl along with the cooled sausage and mix well.
I used Hot Turkey Italian Sausage, so I browned it to cook the sausage, then sliced it and browned the slices again. Add the pasta and heat for a minute or two. Then add both kinds of cheese and toss until the cheese melts. You can cook Pasta, italian sausage and spinach one dish meal using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pasta, italian sausage and spinach one dish meal
- It's 3 lb of bulk hot italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 small of yellow onion.
- Prepare 1/2 packages of of frozen broccoli/1 bunch of fresh spinach.
- It's 1 lb of spaghetti noodles.
- It's 5 cup of chicken broth or stock (add more if needed).
- You need 1 envelope of mccormick's alfredo sauce pkg.
- You need 1 cup of half and half.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of crushed red pepper flake.
Italian Sausage Pasta is a breeze to make in the Instant Pot with this easy recipe and video. You may not realize it, but you can cook pasta in Instant Pot. Budget Bytes » Recipes » Main Dish Recipes » Creamy Spinach and Sausage Pasta. If you add it all at once, the skillet will be too full to stir.
Pasta, italian sausage and spinach one dish meal instructions
- add meat to pot/dutch oven, once it starts to release oil add onion to meat, cook until browned.
- after meat browns drain grease leaving a tbsp of grease.
- add chicken broth/stock and bring to a boil, once at a boil add noodles and cook until al dente about 8 mins.
- make your alfredo sauce while you are waiting for noodles to finish.
- once the noodles are done add spinach and cover, cook about 3 more mins.
- now add your alfredo sauce (that you made prior, made according to pack).
- turn fire down to simmer, mix up and let stand 5-10 mins.
- serve with crusty bread or french bread bon appetit!!.
And precooked smoked sausage is a great starting point for quick meals like this yummy one pot Italian pasta dinner. It's mostly vegetables and meat with just a half pound of pasta so you can feel good about this You're basically adding an entire salad to the pot, making it truly a one dish dinner. Serve Alexia® Artisan Ciabatta Rolls, prepared according to package directions, with the pasta dish. Cheesy baked pasta made with Italian chicken sausage, mozzarella, ricotta, Pecorino Romano and spinach (but don't worry, no one will care about the green If you don't want to make such a large amount, you can easily halve this recipe and make in a square baking dish as I did in the photo above. I large skillet, brown sausage over medium-high heat, in batches and adding oil if necessary.