My homemade pasta sauce. How to Use Homemade Pasta Sauce. You probably already have a recipe in mind since you're reading this post, but this is endlessly versatile and great in many recipes. The fresh tomato recipe variation is great for tomato season, and I often can any extras to use in the winter.
From a vibrantly green herb-focused linguine to a throw-together pantry. My Homemade Pasta Sauce recipe is just what you need for quick and simple weeknight dinners! This Easy Homemade Pasta Sauce recipe is a great way to use all those fresh veggies in your garden! You can have My homemade pasta sauce using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My homemade pasta sauce
- It's of sauce.
- It's 1 of 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It's 1 of anchovy filets.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 4 clove of of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh basil, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 can of of water, use crushed tomato can.
- It's 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan.
No worries, this sauce can be frozen in ziploc bags as well! Our tomato plants have been quite prolific this year. Early last week I walked out to the garden and was greeted with so many. Homemade Pasta Sauce is one of our all time favorites and perfect served over any type of pasta from spaghetti to Baked Rigatoni!
My homemade pasta sauce instructions
- In large pot heat oil..
- Add anchovy and cook until it disappears. It will break down..
- Add garlic and pepper flakes. Cook 1 minute..
- Add in paste and stir, cooking for 2 minutes..
- Add in crushed tomatoes, water, and spices..
- Bring to a low boil, then immediately turn to simmer..
- Stir and cover, cook on simmer for two hours..
- Check and stir every 20 minutes..
- Last, stir in parmesan right before serving..
- Serve over pasta and enjoy.
- Sauce is enough for 1 lb of pasta..
- NOTE......You can make this into a meat sauce by adding 1 lb. very lean ground beef to the cooked paste. Then add in meat, brown, add crushed tomatoes and follow the rest!!! My husband is a meat lover!.
- Recipe by taylor68too.
I've made this literally hundreds of times and it's perfect every single time with tender meat and a silky flavorful sauce! These non-marinara, creative pasta recipes will come in handy when you want to give red sauce a rest. Homemade pasta sauce is just a timer away. This sauce tastes like it's been simmering for hours. Homemade Pasta is not only fun and easy recipe to make in your own kitchen, but nothing compares to the taste and texture.