Tuscan Style Braised Beef Short Ribs.
You can cook Tuscan Style Braised Beef Short Ribs using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tuscan Style Braised Beef Short Ribs
- It's 4-5 pounds of bone in beef short ribs.
- It's 20 slices of pepperoni.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Chili infused.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of carrots, sliced.
- You need 2 of ribs of celery, sliced.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It's 4 ounces of tiny button mushrooms.
- You need of salt and pepper to taste as needed.
- It's 1 1/2 cups of dry red wine.
- It's 28 ounce of can crushed tomatos.
- It's 4 cups of low sodium beef broth.
- You need 2 tablespoons of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of italian seasoning spice blend.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of hot sauce, such as franks red hot.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 cup of frozen pearl onions.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped basil.
- It's 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley.
- You need 2 tablespoons of fresh grated romano cheese plus more for serving.
Tuscan Style Braised Beef Short Ribs instructions
- Preheat oven to 300.
- In a large skillet cook pepperoni until crisp, remove to paper towels to drain nd reserve for garnish.
- Season short ribs with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to skillet and brown short ribs in one layer on medium high heat removing each rib to a dutch oven when its brown, add more oil only if needed.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, mushrooms, and garlic to skillet, cover and soften on medium low 5 minutes.
- Uncover, add wine and bring to a boil and reduce to almost gone.
- Add broth, tomaotoes with juices, italian seasoning, cream, lemon juice, hot sauce and red pepper flakes. Add about 1/2 teaspoon pepper and salt to taste. Ring to a simmer.
- Transfer liquid carefully to short ribs in dutch oven, mix well.
- Cover and place in preheated oven for 3 1/2 to 4 hours until meat is falling off the bone tender add pearl onuions the last 1/2 hour.
- Remove short ribs carefully from pot to a plate, discarding any bones that fell off. At this point I transfer liquid to a bowl and refrigerate ribs and sauce, covered to allow excess fat in sauce to harden to remove easiy when cold. Usally overnight..
- Reheat sauce in fresh clean pan, add basil, parsley and cheese and check for seasoning.
- Return ribs to sauce.to heat through gently, serve with mashed potatoes or pasta and additinal romano cheese. Garnish with reserved pepperoni crumbled.