Chorizo Lasagna Skillet (a one pot meal). This ultimate comforting and cheesy meal is so easy! This ultimate comforting and cheesy meal is so much easier than making a conventional lasagna. This one-pot wonder of a lasagna dish tastes just as good as it's oven-baked counterpart but it's make with just one skillet, no oven require, in about a.
Take the skillet off the heat source and stir in half of the. How do I make this One Pot Easy Lasagna Skillet? Pot Meal Pancakes Pasta Peanut Butter Pies Pizza Pork Potatoes Potluck Products Protein Pumpkin Quiche Rice Salad Sandwich Sauce Seafood Shakes Sheet Pan. You can cook Chorizo Lasagna Skillet (a one pot meal) using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chorizo Lasagna Skillet (a one pot meal)
- You need 4 of "oven ready" lasagna noodles - broken into roughly 1" pieces.
- Prepare 8 oz of chorizo.
- Prepare 1-2 tbs of oil.
- Prepare 1 of small onion - chopped.
- It's 1 of medium bell pepper (your color choice) - deseeded, chopped.
- Prepare 1 (28 oz) of can crushed tomatoes.
- It's 1 (14.5 oz) of can Cannelini beans.
- It's 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of (slightly heaping) cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- It's to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1-2 tsp of sugar (optional).
- Prepare 1-2 dashes of your favorite hot sauce (optional).
- You need 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese (I used a cheddar mozzarella blend).
This one pot lasagna features everything you love about lasagna without the grains or dairy! It's the perfect one pot meal for a busy weeknight that the whole family will love. Loaded with mozzarella and smoked gouda cheese, savory sausage and the perfect sauce, what's not to love. This one skillet lasagna is full of flavor!
Chorizo Lasagna Skillet (a one pot meal) instructions
- Heat a large, deep sided sautée pan over medium heat. Add 1 tbs oil. Begin cooking chorizo, breaking up to a crumble as you go..
- When chorizo is half cooked add onion and bell pepper. Cook until onion is translucent. About 5 minutes. Note: If chorizo is lean (mine was because it was homemade) add second tbs of oil along with onion and pepper..
- Stir in beans, crushed tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano and basil. Add salt and pepper to taste, and if desired sugar to taste (used to balance the acidity of tomatoes and heat of other spices)..
- Increase heat to medium high. Bring to a vigorous simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently..
- Stir in water and broken lasagna noodles. Bring to a boil. Cover with lid slightly vented. Reduce heat, simmer 20 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Taste. Adjust salt, pepper and sugar to taste. Add a dash of hot sauce if desired..
- Turn heat off, sprinkle cheese over the top, return lid. Let sit covered 10 to allow cheese to melt and sauce to thicken. Serve topped with sour cream if desired. Enjoy!.
Using ground breakfast sausage and Campbell's condensed tomato soup is a really good cheat to make this. This chicken enchilada skillet is a one pot meal that your whole family will love. It is perfect for Cinco de Mayo or any day! I am updating this older post for These one pot meals are kind of fascinating me right now. I need more of these in my life!