Portuguese Fish Pasta.
You can have Portuguese Fish Pasta using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Portuguese Fish Pasta
- Prepare 1 large of onion, chopped.
- It's 3 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Prepare of salt.
- It's 1 of bay leaf.
- It's 1 1/2 can of chopped tomatoes.
- It's of water.
- You need 1 of fish cube.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 300 ml of fish stock.
- You need 300 grams of pasta.
- Prepare 250 grams of fresh clams.
- Prepare 200 grams of raw prawns.
- It's 1 bunch of chopped parsley.
- It's of dried chilis.
- Prepare 1/2 of pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 bunch of fresh mint, whole.
- Prepare 300 grams of any white fish, i.e. cod.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
Portuguese Fish Pasta instructions
- You have to make the fish stock first, you can make it 24 hours in advance and set in fridge until needed or freeze it for longer..
- In a pot add the water, the prawns, a few dried chili's and a few onion skins. Bring to the boil and cook until the prawns have turned pink normally 4-5 at the most. Take of the heat and remove the prawns from the pot set aside. Remove the onion peels and discard..
- When the prawns have cooled down enough to handle. Peel the skin and heads and add all the discarded prawn peel, heads and chili's into a blitzer with half of the water. Blitz together very well. Set aside the now peeled prawns and the fish liquid to add to the pasta later..
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan, then add the onion and garlic, fry for 3-5 minutes on medium heat until the onion becomes soft..
- Add the can of tomatoes, paste, chopped pepper, bay leaf, salt and parsley and stir. Simmer for another 5-6 minutes, add about 100ml of water and allow to simmer down stirring regularly..
- Add the stock cube and continue to simmer for another few minutes, then add the fish water and bring to boiling point..
- Add the pasta, add more water if required to reach just about half way of the pot and continue to cook for a further 8-10 minutes..
- Then add the fish pieces and clams, and continue to cook for another 5-8 minutes..
- Lastly, add the cooked prawns and the mint to the pot and stir..
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving..