You can cook Chicken Caprese using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Caprese
- You need of DREDGING MIX.
- It's 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Romano cheese, grated.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning blend.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need of CHICKEN AND SAUCE.
- You need 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1/4 slices.
- It's 1 cup of fresh mozzarella balls, or thin sliced fresh mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1 cup of fresh grape tomatos.
- You need 1/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- It's 2 tbsp of Balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of cream, heavy or light.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped fresh basil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped fresh chives.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter, salted or unsalted.
Chicken Caprese instructions
- Whisk all dredging ingredients in a bowl to mix well.
- Dredge chicken slices in mixture just to lightly coat and dry chicken.
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet. Add prepared chicken slices and cook until golden on one side, about 2 minutes. Turn over.
- Add mozzarella over chicken and scatter grape tomatos around pan. Cover and cook just until chicken is cooked through and cheese melts, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove chicken, tomatos and cheese to a serving platter. Tent with foil to keep warm while making sauce. Into skillet chicken was cooked in add chicken broth, scrape up any brown bits on pan while heating brth to a boil, cokl until just a couple of tablespoons are left. Add cream and balsamic vinegar and cook until its a sauce consistancy, about 3 minutes. Add basil and chives..
- Drizzle sauce over chicken, serve any remaining sauce on the side.