Italian sausages and vegetable skillet with spicy green harissa. Fresh vegetable skewers paired with Italian sausages and our custom spicy green harissa create an easy breezy supper. Italian Sausage, Onions and Peppers Skillet is a super-flavourful comfort food. It's an awesome meal for a busy weeknight dinner, weekend, or game-day party.
And rather than green beans and zucchini, you can add. How about Italian for dinner tonight? This one-dish meal of ziti, spicy sausage and Muir Glen® fire roasted tomatoes can be on the table in short order. You can cook Italian sausages and vegetable skillet with spicy green harissa using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian sausages and vegetable skillet with spicy green harissa
- Prepare 1 of red onion.
- Prepare 3 oz of shredded red or other cabbage.
- You need 1 of zucchini or other summer squash.
- Prepare of (optional) 6 oz grape or cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about 1/4 lb each).
- Prepare 3 of scallions (green onions).
- Prepare of Spicy green harissa, or salsa (to taste).
In same skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Over medium heat in a large skillet or heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat olive oil. A recipe for spicy Italian sausage. I make hot Italian sausage from wild or store-bought pork.
Italian sausages and vegetable skillet with spicy green harissa instructions
- Peel the onion and cut into ½-inch pieces..
- Coarsely chop the cabbage..
- Cut the zucchini into ½-inch pieces..
- Cut the tomatoes in half. I personally don't care for warm tomatoes, so I skip these..
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork, if desired..
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the sausages and cook, turning once, until browned but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board to rest. Do not clean the pan..
- In the same pan used for the sausages, stir in the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the cabbage and zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage begins to wilt and the zucchini starts to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the tomatoes start to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. While the vegetables cook, slice the sausages and scallions..
- Cut the sausages on the diagonal into ½-inch-thick slices..
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions for garnish..
- To the pan with the vegetables, stir in the sausages and cook until the sausages are cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes..
- Transfer the sausages and vegetables to individual bowls or plates. Garnish with the scallions and as much green harissa as you like and serve..
This recipe has red pepper, garlic, paprika and fennel Spicy, but not crazy hot, Italian hots are more warming and zippy than blistering. Just enough spice to make things interesting. Skillet-Charred Summer Beans with Miso Butter. Your cast-iron skillet isn't just for meat (or dessert). Here, fresh green beans cook in it over A butterflied chicken is rubbed with a heat-packing harissa blend before being roasted in a cast-iron skillet.