Meatball stuffed shells. Stuff shells with ricotta mixture and meatballs and arrange in dish, then spoon over remaining marinara. Stuffed shells are a favorite of mine, but oddly not something I make very often. A wonderfully simple and delicious week night meal.
Use frozen stuffed shells and Italian meatballs to complete this casserole. If desired, you may prepare this up to two days in advance, simply insert into the oven when ready to bake. These meatball stuffed pasta shells are marvelous in so many ways. You can cook Meatball stuffed shells using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meatball stuffed shells
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of ground pork.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Parmesan grounds.
- It's 1 cup of bread crumbs (Italian is best, or add your own seasoning).
- You need 1/2 cup of Finely Minced dried onion.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic (or 2 cloves).
- It's 1/4 cup of parsley.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need of For ricotta mix—.
- It's 15 oz of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of basil.
- You need 1/2 cup of parsley.
- Prepare 1 cup of Parmesan cheese (grated).
- It's 1/4 cup of mozzarella (for ricotta mix).
- It's of Jumbo shells (prepared according to box).
- You need 24 oz of Marinara sauce.
- Prepare of Parmesan (grated, for top).
- You need of Mozzarella (for top).
They're quick and easy to I've served these meatball stuffed pasta shells on so many different occasions and they're a huge hit. These stuffed shells are sure to change the game when it comes to pasta. Enjoy the delicious flavors of these Meatball-Stuffed Shells for mealtime. Swedish-style meatballs, lightly flavored with nutmeg and allspice, are stuffed inside jumbo pasta shells and then cooked in an irresistibly creamy sauce.
Meatball stuffed shells step by step
- Have your noodles prepared, and then set in cold water..
- Preheat oven to 475..
- Combine first 8 ingredients (meatballs).
- Get a large cookie sheet and a cooling rack prepared (light spray).
- Roll balls and then place on 475 for 10 minutes..
- Pour half marinara into bottom of baking dish..
- Mix ricotta, add about 2 tsp to each noodle, and then place a meatball inside it. Continue to line pan with meatball stuffed shells..
- If you have any left over ricotta mix, spread it on top of full dish. Pour rest of marinara on the top, spread, then top with Parmesan, and mozzarella cheese..
- Bake on 475 until sauce begins to bubble (about 10minutes).
Place a meatball in each shell; transfer to baking dish. Meatball Stuffed Shells - easy weeknight pasta casserole! Fill pasta shells with frozen meatballs and top with sauce and cheese. Mix vigorously until a soft meaty stuffing is formed. Form heaping spoonfuls of stuffing and gently place them inside cooked pasta shells.