Polenta with Hot Italian Sausage.
You can cook Polenta with Hot Italian Sausage using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Polenta with Hot Italian Sausage
- You need of Cornmeal.
- You need 2 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of cornmeal.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It's of Sausage mix.
- It's 1 lb of hot Italian sausage, removed from casing.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- It's 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 2 cup of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 of grated Parmesan cheese.
Polenta with Hot Italian Sausage step by step
- FIRST, in a medium saucepan bring the 2-3/4 cups of water to a boiling. In a bowl combine corn meal, the remaining cup of additional water and salt. Slowly add to the boiling water, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer over low heat 10 to 15 minutes, stirring constantly..
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan heat crushed red pepper flakes in olive oil until blackened. Crumble in the sausage and lower heat to medium until sausage is browned. Stir the browned sausage into the hot prepared corn meal. While hot, pour the corn meal/sausage mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish, cover and chill for 30 minutes or until firm..
- After chilled, pour 2 cups of tomato sauce over the entire cornmeal dish, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and bake in a 350°F oven for 1 hour..
- Remove from oven, cut into squares and serve. Or if you want to eat this authentic Italian dish like an authentic Italian, give each person just a fork and put polenta on a large cutting board in the middle of the table for all to enjoy. No dishes to wash...only forks! No lie!.
- Buon appetito!.