Marinara Sauce - Homemade.
You can cook Marinara Sauce - Homemade using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Marinara Sauce - Homemade
- You need 6 of nice plump roma tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of marsala cooking wine or 1/3 cup of red wine that's not too sweet.
- It's 4 clove of of fresh garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of small diced onion, try yellow or sweet onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It's 1/2 tsp of garlic salt/salt or to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sugar.
Marinara Sauce - Homemade step by step
- Cut tomatoes into 8ths then place in blender with the wine and puree till nice and crushed.
- In a saucepan saute the onion with the olive oil on low-med. heat for a few minutes..
- Add the tomato puree and garlic. Simmer for 5 min.
- Reduce to low heat, add seasonings and simmer for 10-15 min or until thickened.
- Enjoy! It's super delicious over your favorite pasta or chicken. Great for chicken parmesana!.