Eggplant parmesan. Eggplant slices are dipped in egg and bread crumbs and then baked, instead of fried. The slices are layered with spaghetti sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Eggplant parmesan is one of those great Italian comfort foods—a layered casserole much like lasagna but with slices of globe eggplant taking the place of pasta.
But this leaner version broils—instead of fries—the eggplant, for a significant fat and calorie savings. Male eggplants have fewer seeds than the female variety does. Because these seeds are bitter, male eggplants are preferred. You can have Eggplant parmesan using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant parmesan
- You need of eggplant and breading.
- You need 2 large of aubergine.
- Prepare 3 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of finely grated Italian breadcrumbs.
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need of cheeses.
- You need 1/2 lb of mozzarella cheese.
- It's 2 tbsp of Parmigano-Reggiano cheese.
- It's 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of sauce.
- It's 29 oz of tomato sauce.
- It's 1/4 cup of basil.
- You need 1 tsp of whole leaf oregano.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It's 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tbsp of granulated garlic powder.
- It's of oil to fry.
- It's of vegetable oil.
- It's of olive oil, extra virgin.
Eggplant Parmesan is the ultimate comfort food. With switched-up ingredients and creative twists, our most-popular variations elevate this classic from familiar to fabulous. Scatter half of the Parmesan and half of the mozzarella over the sauced eggplant. Repeat with the remaining eggplant, sauce, Parmesan, and mozzarella.
Eggplant parmesan step by step
- Preheat oven 375° Fahrenheit.
- Mix your ingredients to sauce heat let simmer covered 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Peel and slice the eggplant about half an inch or 13 mm thick salt put into a zip lock bag add flour and shake till completely coated.
- Beat the eggs add quarter cup water mix well put into a large bowl dip the aburgine coated with flour into eggwash then have breadcrumbs in a plate and shake excess eggwash off coat with bread crumbs.
- Mix the oils together heat to fry when hot add the breadcrumb coated aubergine and fry till golden brown.
- When done about 3 minutes per side add to a pan add sauce the parmesan cheese add slice of mozzarella cheese on top of each pice of aubergine.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes when its done sprinkle with Parmigano-Reggiano cheese.
- Serve hope you enjoy.
Eggplant Parmesan II "This has become a staple. It's easy to make, and tastes amazing." - LaurenO. Most Made Today Eggplant Parmesan II. To make legit eggplant parm, you'll need to fry eggplant. And to yield the best results, you're going to want to let it sit for a bit with salt to draw out the excess moisture.