You can have Vodka Sauce using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vodka Sauce
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of small onion chopped.
- It's 1 (28 oz) of can plum tomatoes chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of cream.
- You need 1/4 cup of vodka.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper.
- It's 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
Vodka Sauce step by step
- Melt butter with oil in large saucepan.
- Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and cook until no liquid remains. Stir frequently (about 20 min).
- Add cream, vodka and red pepper and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 min.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Tip: vodka sauce is best served with a tubular dried pasta such as penne, rigatoni, or even gnocchi!.