You can cook Classic Lasagna using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Classic Lasagna
- It's 1/2 lb of Ground pork sausage (I like jimmy deans).
- Prepare 1 lb of Organic lean ground beef.
- It's 1 of Diced Small white onion.
- It's 3 clove of Garlic, minced or finely shopped.
- It's 1 can of 16 oz crushed tomatoes.
- It's 1 can of Tomato paste.
- You need 1/4 tbsp of Dried oregano.
- You need 1 dash of Fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Kosher salt.
- It's 1/2 tbsp of Ground black pepper.
- You need 2 of Basil leaves.
- You need 1 packages of Whole milk ricotta cheese.
- It's 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1/4 cup of Cottage cheese.
- Prepare 1 packages of Shredded mozzarella.
- It's 1 packages of Sliced mozzarella.
- It's 1/2 bunch of Italian flat lead parsley.
- Prepare 1 packages of Oven ready (no boil) lasagna noodles.
- It's 1 of as needed Olive oil.
Classic Lasagna step by step
- In large pot, brown pork. and ground beef. When browned remove beef to drain fat.
- While meat is in colander to drain fat, add diced onion to pot-let them sweat on high heat for about 6 minutes. Add meat back to pan.
- Add 3 garlic cloves minced, let it combine and heat for about two or three minutes..
- Add can of tomato paste, and can of crushed tomatoes..
- Add fennel, oregano, salt and pepper. Drop in basil leaves. Stir, simmer in low heat and cover for an hour.
- While sauce is simmering, start on cheese mixture: combine ricotta, eggs, 1/4 cup of the shredded mozzarella , cottage cheese and some finely diced parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Before you put anything in 9 x 13 baking dish-coat lightly with olive oil...then add a layer of meat sauce to bottom of the baking dish. Add no boil noodles. Add layer of ricotta cheese. Add slices of mozzarella , enough to cover the layer before it. Add another layer of meat sauce. Add another layer of noodles. Add another layer of ricotta. Add one last layer or noodles. Add all remaining meat sauce. Cover with what's left of mozzarella slices and shredded mozzarella. Add a sprinkling of olive oil over the top.
- Cover with foil and place in fridge over night, or 6 hours before baking.
- When ready to bake, set oven at 375 and cover lasagna loosely with foil.
- Bake for 30 mins. Then, remove foil and bake for 10 mins..
- Set broiler on high for 5 minutes.
- Remove lasagna from oven and let stand for at least 10 mins before slicing..