Lasagna. Lasagne are a type of wide, flat pasta, possibly one of the oldest types of pasta. The ultimate comfort food lasagna, with layers of rich homemade meat sauce, creamy béchamel sauce , noodles , cheese and fresh mozzarella. Classic Lasagna is great for feeding a crowd, and also freezes well for new mom meals and quick thaw dinners.
Get traditional Italian versions and vegetarian lasagna recipes. Looking for an easy and healthy vegetarian lasagna recipe? Check out some favorite vegetarian and vegan lasagnas. You can cook Lasagna using 21 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lasagna
- Prepare of For the meat sauce:.
- It's of Extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 pound of lean ground beef (chuck).
- It's 1/2 of onion, diced (about 3/4 cup).
- Prepare 1/2 of large bell pepper (green, red, or yellow), diced (about 3/4 cup).
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It's 1 (28 ounce) of can good quality tomato sauce.
- Prepare 3 ounces of (half a 6-oz can) tomato paste.
- You need 1 (14 ounce) of can crushed tomatoes.
- It's 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh oregano, or 2 teaspoons dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley (preferably flat leaf), packed.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare Pinch of garlic powder and/or garlic salt.
- It's 1 tablespoon of red or white wine vinegar.
- It's 1 tablespoon of to 1/4 cup sugar (to taste, optional).
- You need To taste of Salt.
- You need of To assemble the lasagna:.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of dry lasagna noodles (requires 9 lasagna noodles - unbroken).
- Prepare 15 ounces of Ricotta cheese.
- It's 1 1/2 lb (24 ounces) of Mozzarella cheese, grated or sliced.
- You need 1/4 lb (4 ounces) of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Lasagna é a cidade de uma raça de gatinhos chamados Doram. Nesse lugar, os Doram vivem em harmonia com a natureza, tornando-se Invocadores. Aventureiros que desejarem descansar um pouco, poderão beber na Taverna Forninho. Lasagna Bolognese is a typical dish of Emilia Romagna, in particular of the city of Bologna.
Lasagna step by step
- Put pasta water on to boil: Put a large pot of salted water (1 Tbsp salt for every 2 quarts of water) on the stovetop on high heat. It can take a while for a large pot of water to come to a boil (this will be your pasta water), so prepare the sauce in the next steps while the water is heating.
- Brown the ground beef: In a large skillet heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until it is lightly browned on all sides..
- Remove the beef with a slotted spoon to a bowl. Drain off all but a tablespoon of fat..
- Cook the bell pepper, onions, garlic, add back the beef: Add the diced bell pepper and onions to skillet (in the photo we are using yellow bell pepper and red onions)..
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until the onions are translucent and the peppers softened. Add the minced garlic and cook half a minute more..
- Return the browned ground beef to the pan. Stir to combine, reduce the heat to low and cook for another 5 minutes..
- Transfer to medium sized pot, add tomatoes and remaining sauce ingredients to build the sauce: Transfer the beef mixture to a medium sized (3- to 4-quart) pot. Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste to the pot..
- Add the parsley, oregano, and Italian seasonings, adjusting the amounts to taste. Sprinkle with garlic powder and/or garlic salt, to taste..
- Sprinkle with red or white wine vinegar. Stir in sugar, a tablespoon at a time, tasting after each addition, to taste. (The amount of sugar needed will vary, depending on how acidic the tomatoes are that you are using.).
- Add salt to taste. Bring the sauce to a simmer and then lower the heat to maintain a low simmer. Cook for 15 to 45 minutes, stirring often..
- Boil and drain the lasagna noodles: By now the salted water you started heating in step one should be boiling. Add the dry lasagna noodles and cook them to al dente, per package directions..
- Heat the oven 375F. Assemble the lasagna: In a 9x13-inch casserole or lasagna dish, ladle a cup of sauce and spread it over the bottom of the dish. Arrange one layer of lasagna noodles lengthwise (about 3 long noodles, edge may overlap, depending on your pan) over the sauce. Ladle a third of the remaining sauce over the noodles..
- Sprinkle a layer of a third of the grated mozzarella on top of lasagna sauce. Add half of the ricotta cheese, by placing cheese dollops every couple inches. Sprinkle half the grated parmesan cheese evenly over the top of ricotta cheese.
- Apply second layer of noodles, top it with half of the remaining sauce. Add half of the remaining Mozzarella, the remaining ricotta cheese, and another the remaining Parmesan..
- Finish with another layer of noodles. Spread the remaining sauce over the top layer of noodles and sprinkle with the remaining Mozzarella cheese..
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes. Uncover in the last 10 minutes if you'the like more of a crusty top or edges.Cool and serve.
Add lasagna to one of your lists below, or create a new one. Freezing homemade lasagna is a great way to have ready-made meals on hand for nights when it's all you can do to turn the oven on and heat up dinner. For everybody that loves to cook lasagna at home! From Italian lasagna (and its plural lasagne), possibly from Vulgar Latin *lasania, from Latin lasanum ("cooking pot"), from Ancient Greek λάσανον (lásanon, "trivet or stand for a pot"). Others argue the Italian lasagna originally derived from the Arabic (Semitic) lawzinaj ("almond cake").