Chilli Con Carne.
You can have Chilli Con Carne using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chilli Con Carne
- Prepare 425 g of kidney beans.
- Prepare 425 g of chick peas.
- It's 800 g of peeled Italian tomatoes.
- Prepare 300 g of minced beef.
- Prepare 200 g of sirloin steak.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper.
- It's 1/2 of onion.
- It's 1 of garlic.
- You need 200 g of beef broth.
- It's of Cumin.
- Prepare of Paprika.
- You need of Cayenne pepper.
Chilli Con Carne step by step
- Cut sirloin steak into 1 inch cubes and cry them to medium rare. Then take them out..
- Using the same pan put in the diced onion, carrot, red bell pepper and garlic in the same pot used to cook the steak for 5 minutes..
- Add the minced beef and cook till brown (around 5 minutes).
- Add cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste. Stir and mix for 5 minutes.
- Add the peeled Italian tomatoes and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add both the kidney beans, chick peas, bay leaf and the beef broth for 15-30 minutes.
- Serve with steak cubes, avocado, and sour cream.