You can have Veal Piccata using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Veal Piccata
- It's 1 pound of veal cutlets pounded thin with a jacquard.
- It's 1 cup of chicken broth combined with 1 box chicken Demi-glacé.
- You need 1/4 cup of dry white wine.
- It's 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of capers drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of cold butter.
- Prepare To taste of Assorted fresh herbs chopped (I used basil, thyme, parsley, and oregano).
- It's as needed of Seasoned flour for dredging.
- It's To taste of Salt and pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes to taste.
- You need As needed of Oil and butter for sautéing.
- Prepare 1 of shallot or one slice of sweet onion chopped fine.
- It's of Too garlic cloves finely minced.
Veal Piccata step by step
- Heat oil and butter, about 2 tablespoons of each, in a large sauté pan until very hot. Add veal to pan after dredging with flour and cook on both sides until brown. Remove to a plate..
- Into the skillet the veal was cooked, add onions and salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste. Cook onions until soft. Then add garlic and cook for one minute. Now add white wine and cook until reduced to almost nothing. Add chicken stock and lemon and cook until reduced by half..
- Then add capers and butter and swirl until this sauce becomes creamy doing this on very low heat. Remove from heat before the butter has finished melting. Add herbs and pour over veal to serve..