Italian Stuffed Peppers w Pasta. This easy recipe for Italian Stuffed Peppers is loaded with tender rice, seasoned ground beef in a delicious tomato sauce. This colorful dish is a real crowd-pleaser! Italian Stuffed Peppers with Penne Pasta Nutritarian Style.
It's easy enough to make for a weeknight meal because we've omitted the added step of precooking the bell Remove foil. Place stuffed peppers upright in baking dish. Would put pasta sauce in pepper too. You can have Italian Stuffed Peppers w Pasta using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian Stuffed Peppers w Pasta
- Prepare 4 of large bell peppers.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of lean ground beef.
- It's 1 cup of steamed rice.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- It's 2 cans of Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare 1 of small onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped parsley.
- It's 2 tbsp of granulated garlic.
- It's 2 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- It's to taste of Salt.
- Prepare To taste of pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It's 1 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- It's of Pasta (your choice) I use spaghetti, linguine, or Angel Hair.
Filling needed more flavor to it. This is a great light entre suitable for any time of the year, and I prefer to serve it at room temperatures so the flavors are enhanced. I find very small pasta works best in this recipe and I usually choose tubettini when I prepare this dish. Choose firm, bright colored, thick skinned.
Italian Stuffed Peppers w Pasta instructions
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cook rice.
- Boil water in a steamer sauce pan. Prepare peppers by cutting tops off them. Save tops to chop and cook in beef stuffing. Clean inside of peppers removing all seeds. Place in steamer and allow to cook for 8-10 minutes until they are hot and softer. Your choice how soft or crunchy you want them. Remember they will soften more in the baking process. Remove from heat and set aside..
- In skillet brown the beef. Drain any excess fat. Then add olive oil to keep moist and add additional flavor. Add 1/2 cup chopped parsley, chopped onions, 1 tbsp garlic, 1 tbsp, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper..
- Add rice to browned beef. Mix thoroughly. Set aside..
- In a saucepan add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, rest of chopped parsley, 1 tbsp granulated garlic, 1 tbsp Italian seasoning, salt, sugar, red pepper flakes, and EVOO. Heat for 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat..
- Place pepper cups in large baking dish. Fill each one completely with beef and rice mixture. Pour tomato sauce over peppers completely. Cover with foil. Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes..
- Cook pasta to al dente in boiling water. Approximately 8-10 minutes..
- Remove peppers from oven. Remove foil and cover with mozzarella cheese. Bake in oven 5-10 minutes until golden brown..
- Serve peppers with a side of pasta as shown above. Enjoy..
Vegan Italian Stuffed Peppers are an easy, delicious meatless meal full of fresh produce. A no-frills homemade tomato sauce elevates this dish. Vegan Italian Stuffed Peppers are an accessible, delicious dish that can be on your table in about an hour, and that includes making your own sauce! Cheesy Italian Stuffed Peppers start with cheesy Italian sausage, fire roasted tomatoes and orzo pasta. It only gets better from there.