Nanny Annes' Bronx Pasta Sauce [classic spaghetti sauce].
You can cook Nanny Annes' Bronx Pasta Sauce [classic spaghetti sauce] using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nanny Annes' Bronx Pasta Sauce [classic spaghetti sauce]
- Prepare of Sauce.
- Prepare 2 large of Whole Fresh Garlic.
- Prepare 10 piece of peeled garlic.
- It's 2 medium of red onion.
- Prepare 1 large of POT.
- It's 10 of FRESH CUT BASIL.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 3 large of cans crushed tomatoes.
- You need 2 1/2 medium of Cans Tomato Paste.
- It's 1 dash of baking soda.
- You need 5 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of ground black pepper.
- You need 3 tbsp of salt.
- It's 1 lb of round beef.
- You need 2 medium of saucepan.
- You need 10 piece of Italian Sausage SPICY.
Nanny Annes' Bronx Pasta Sauce [classic spaghetti sauce] instructions
- PEEL THEN SLICE VERY THIN-8 to 10 Pieces of FRESH Garlic..
- PEEL, CHOP, DICE 2 Med. Red Onions Very Fine..
- Combine chopped onion and garlic into the sauce pot. Immerse fully with a layer of Olive Oil..
- De-Stem and Cut fresh basil. Add to sauce pot base. Let simmer 45 to 90min until bottom of pot browns over lightly..
- Add Crushed Tomato and Tomato paste to Basil Garlic Onion Oil-mix slowly but extensively until a rough desired thickness is reached. Cover and let cook 25-30min..
- ONCE 30min. Is up ingredients will have started to combine chemically. Slowly add seasonings to top of sauce..
- SAUTE and lightly brown one pound ground beef, and 8-10 Ital. Sausage links in separate saucepans. ADD to saucepot stirring sauce every 10 minutes for the next half hour. (ALWAYS ON LOW HEAT).
- Add extra salt sugar or pepper to taste as necessary. Let sauce continue to cook for at least 6 total hours from step 3 to 8. SUGAR WILL BE NECESSARY TO COMBAT ACIDITY, BUT ALWAYS ADD VERY LITTLE AT A TIME. VERY DELICATE BALANCE..
- [Substitute Chicken or pork chops for beef or Italian Sausage] [USING PASTE IS EASIER IF YOU'RE NOT INTO MAKING YOUR OWN BUT YOU CAN MAKE THIS SAUCE EASILY WITHOUT CANNED TOMATOES][R.I.P. NANNY THANKS FOR TEACHING ME HOW SPICE IS THE KEY TO LIFE, AND A SEXY DINNER DISH! I LOVE AND MISS YOU].