taisen's spinach lasagna. This Spinach Lasagna from Delish.com will be the best veggie lasagna of your life. Bring a large pot of salted boiling water to a boil and cook lasagna noodles until al dente. Fresh spinach and plenty of ricotta, Romano and mozzarella make this a cheesy and hearty vegetarian dish.
This easy Spinach Lasagna made with layers of spinach-ricotta filling, cheese, and a flavorful homemade tomato sauce is the perfect comfort food. An easy vegetarian dinner idea that your whole. I took my lasagna recipe I have used for years and added a spin to it and created Instant Pot I threw in a little spinach AND I used my latest obsession, the Instant Pot. You can have taisen's spinach lasagna using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of taisen's spinach lasagna
- You need 1 box of of lasagna noodles.
- It's 1 of to 2 pounds of hamburger.
- You need 1 of garlic powder to your taste.
- You need 1 of fresh basil and oregano or italian seasoning to taste.
- You need 1 medium of to large onion ( you can omit this ).
- It's 1 packages of of fresh Portobello mushrooms or canned is fine. you may omit this also.
- You need 1 of butter.
- It's 1 of pepper.
- It's 1 of salt if desired.
- You need 2 large of cans of tomato sauce or you can use spaghetti sauce. ( any kind ).
- Prepare 1 can of of tomato paste to thicken the sauce.
- It's 1 small of curd cottage cheese. I use low fat and the big tub of it.
- It's 1 of parmesan cheese.
- It's 1 of eggs ( if you use a small 16 ounce cottage cheese you will only need one egg ).
- It's 1 packages of of fresh baby spinach.
- Prepare 1 of mozzarella cheese.
This was one fabulous idea if I do. Spinach Lasagna is a classic vegetarian dish, made with tomato sauce and cheese. Learn how to make/prepare Spinach Lasagna by following this easy recipe. Frozen chopped spinach that's completely thawed and squeezed dry is a great way to add vegetables to this Finish off the lasagna with more sauce, mozzarella and plenty of parmesan and bake!
taisen's spinach lasagna step by step
- fry the hamburger in a skillet with Italian seasoning or fresh basil and oregano. add a few touches of garlic if desired. cook until no longer pink..
- drain the grease and place the hamburger into a bowl. mix in tomato sauce. dont make it runny. you want this thick. mix and if it is thin or runny add tomato paste to thicken it. TASTE . if it needs more seasoning add more..
- if using mushroom and onion slice the mushrooms and cut up the onion.
- fry the onion and mushroom in butter and some garlic or Italian seasoning. you can add both. dont over season. add mushroom first cook for about 10 minutes then add onion in. cook until they are translucent. you can also leave out the onion from frying if you like them more raw. dont forget you will be baking this soon.
- put the onion and mushroom mix in a bowl. if there is extra butter drain it.
- start boiling water in a pot to cook the noodles. when cooking these we do only a few at a time. dont add the whole box..
- finished noodles. put them in cold water so they don't stick together..
- in another bowl mix cottage cheese with egg and parmesan cheese. you want this kind of thick not runny.
- rinse spinach with water. cut off stems if you like and put them in a bowl.
- pre heat oven to 350.
- get a casserole dish . add a small amount of sauce to cover the bottom. you dont want the noodles to stick or burn to the bottom.
- layers : I start with noodles first. hamburger mix next. cottage cheese mix. onion and mushroom mix. spinach. mozzarella cheese. repeat until your dish is almost full..
- the last layer should be noodles. then sauce on top of them. you can sprinkle basil , oregano or italian seasoning also. cover and bake for 30 to 50 minutes. get it hot..
- pull it out. uncover it and put extra mozzarella cheese on top..
- bake until the top cheese is melted.
- let it stand for at least 10 to 20 minutes. cut and serve. enjoy with a side salad or butter bread.
Spinach Lasagna. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. There's nothing like lasagna to soothe a craving for a creamy, dreamy meal. With a foundation of vitamin C-rich tomato sauce. Cook spinach as directed on package; drain, squeeze dry, and season with salt and pepper. Easy Spinach Lasagna - This was SUPER yummy and as the title suggests, super EASY!