Zucchini lasagna. Zucchini Lasagna is a delicious, low-carb, wheat-free and gluten-free lasagna that's loaded with vegetables, it's SOOO good you won't miss the pasta! I've made this dish a gazillion times and even. Zucchini lasagna is a fresh take on a classic comfort food dish.
It is perfect in the summer with your garden-fresh veggies and herbs, or in the winter when you need a comforting meal. This lasagna uses zucchini in place of pasta thereby reducing calories. Zucchini Lasagna is a delicious way to enjoy the lasagna flavor you love, without the noodles. You can cook Zucchini lasagna using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zucchini lasagna
- Prepare 4 of zucchini.
- It's 1 of red bell pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 6 oz of baby spinach.
- It's 1/2 of small yellow onion, minced.
- It's 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It's 1 of salt and pepper.
- It's 1 pinch of red pepper flakes.
- You need 32 oz of jar pasta sauce.
- It's 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 6 of no-boil lasagna noodles.
- It's 15 oz of ricotta cheese, part skim.
- It's 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It's 1 of large egg.
- It's 1 tsp of oregano, dried flakes.
- It's 1 of fresh basil leaves, for garnish.
- Prepare 3 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
All the feels and flavors of lasagna but made with vegetable noodles instead of pasta. Zucchini Lasagna made low carb with layers of zucchini instead of pasta, flavorful turkey tomato sauce and gooey cheese. I first made this zucchini lasagna recipe a few months ago when my parents came to visit for the holidays. I wanted to make them a fancy comfort-food dish that was healthy at the same time.
Zucchini lasagna instructions
- Slice zucchini as thinly as possible. Spread into a single layer on a clean dish towel and sprinkle liberally with salt. Let stand for 10 minutes. Blot up water with a paper towel..
- Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper. Preheat the broiler. Place zucchini slices in a single layer on the pans and drizzle with olive oil. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Broil for 10-20 minutes, flipping slices over once, until zucchini is tender and slightly browned on both sides..
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until soft. Add red pepper and cook another 5 minutes. Add spinach and stir until wilted..
- Add pasta sauce to pot along with red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 10-15 minutes until sauce is slightly thickened..
- Lightly beat egg in a small bowl. Stir in ricotta, oregano, and parmesan..
- Spray a 9x13 dish with cooking spray. Spread a small amount of sauce into pan and top with a single layer of roasted zucchini. Place 3 noodles on top, followed by half the cheese mixture and 1 cup of mozzarella..
- Cover with half the remaining sauce and repeat the layer. Place the remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella..
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes at 350°F..
- Remove foil for last few minutes to brown the cheese a bit. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh julienned basil..
Zucchini lasagna is a fresh take on a classic comfort food dish. It's loaded with veggies, but still has the rich flavors and scrumptious texture of a. A delicious zucchini lasagna recipe with vegetables instead of noodles for a gluten-free healthy meal idea with hidden vegetables. In my (non-Italian) opinion, it was better than regular lasagna! Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups are made with thin zucchini slices rolled around a delicious ricotta filling, then baked in tomato sauce and topped with cheese.